PDA

View Full Version : Showing clients about coatings?

DetailProDestin
03-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Are there any good videos to learn my clients about coatings?
A lot of time I don't have time to explain what coatings are but I could shoot um a educational video so that they can watch on their own time. Also, what are we charging to apply? I usually charge 400ish for paint correction but that's just buff polish wax. How much for buff polish coat? Thanks.

Mike lambert
03-02-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not going to open the can of worms about pricing! Whatever brand of coating you choose should have something on YouTube

zx10r Elle
03-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Mr DetailProDestin,

Yeah discussing the chemistry behind coatings with a client will net not much more than the 'deer caught in headlights' phenomenon. Best thing to do In MY Opinion is simply get one of the larger and clearer videos exhibiting hydrophobicity where the water from a hose cant get off the paint fast enough leaving the paint looking dry and I think your point will register.

Not so much for beading in my opinion as clients may entertain the notion of 'invoking' beading to either enjoy personally or flaunt to neighbors and excessive beading may degrade the coating prematurely.

Pricing should be easy, simply upsell the extended longevity and protection over waxes or sealants along with the expertise to install said coating(s).

Steve

fly07sti
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
One thing that has helped me are the CarPro coating pamphlets from Corey at Car Pro. Just hand to client and let them read/research at there own pace.

Chris Thomas
03-03-2016, 07:41 PM
We have a resource section of the dealer login on our website. My email is chris@opticoat.com if you'd like more info