PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels 101...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

pheerix
03-03-2016, 12:20 PM
All advice being given in this thread is being ignored

spazzz
03-03-2016, 12:48 PM
The towel in the first post looks like the 2xl drying towel they sell.
They are usually 360 gsm..85 polyester/15 polyamide
Before I got more serious a few years ago I bought one for drying. I gave it to my brother after buying some waffle weaves.
At over 8 dollars someone could have had a better towel.
They are a useable but questionable proposition

Dhat
03-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Question about washing new towels. I have 6 new 16" x 16" Eagle Edgeless Orange Professional Korean 70/30 Super Plush 480gsm Microfiber Detailing Towels, 2 Supreme 530 Microfiber Towels, 16 x 16 inches and a bundle of other towels purchased from Auto Geek. Can these be washed together the first time and should I separate them when washing after I use them?

pheerix
03-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Darker colored towels will bleed into the lighter ones so separate the darker ones from the lighter ones just like regular laundry. Also should probably wash glass towels separately.

JoeyGT
03-03-2016, 05:25 PM
What about the cheap microfiber towels from Target or another name brand store that are unopened and wrapped in plastic? The towels that you buy in packs of 3, 6, 9 etc.?

glfnaz
03-03-2016, 05:42 PM
What about the cheap microfiber towels from Target or another name brand store that are unopened and wrapped in plastic? The towels that you buy in packs of 3, 6, 9 etc.?

Use those in door jams, under hood / trunk lid, wheels, but not on body paint. After they get stained, toss them.

chrt396
03-03-2016, 11:48 PM
I have recently purchased a large package of 36 microfiber towels from Costco. They have an 80/20 polyamide count...which I have read is absolutely fine. These particular towels are extremely fluffy. They are not as fluffy as a plush polishing towel..but for removing spray shine or spiffing up your vehicle...they are great. If I am removing sealant or wax residue...then I would use a dedicated plush towel. SAMs club used to sell large packages of microfiber towels that had the same polyamide count but were no where near as plush. I used them for years and never marred my paint or put swirls in them. If for some reason they got oily or extremely dirty, I would place them in a rag bin where they wouldn't cross with my better towels.

If anyone has a reason why the bulk pack of microfiber towels from Costco are bad..please speak up. I cannot figure out why they wouldn't be considered excellent. Especially at $16 for 36 ct. Don't let the price turn you against them. They are quite plush. I wash them in Wolfgangs microfiber towel wash and add 1 cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle and they come out nice and fluffy.

Eldorado2k
03-03-2016, 11:57 PM
If I am removing sealant or wax residue...then I would use a dedicated plush towel.

I'll take a short nap edgeless microfiber for that task any day of the week.😊

pheerix
03-04-2016, 12:25 AM
I have recently purchased a large package of 36 microfiber towels from Costco. They have an 80/20 polyamide count...which I have read is absolutely fine. These particular towels are extremely fluffy. They are not as fluffy as a plush polishing towel..but for removing spray shine or spiffing up your vehicle...they are great. If I am removing sealant or wax residue...then I would use a dedicated plush towel. SAMs club used to sell large packages of microfiber towels that had the same polyamide count but were no where near as plush. I used them for years and never marred my paint or put swirls in them. If for some reason they got oily or extremely dirty, I would place them in a rag bin where they wouldn't cross with my better towels.

If anyone has a reason why the bulk pack of microfiber towels from Costco are bad..please speak up. I cannot figure out why they wouldn't be considered excellent. Especially at $16 for 36 ct. Don't let the price turn you against them. They are quite plush. I wash them in Wolfgangs microfiber towel wash and add 1 cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle and they come out nice and fluffy.

Technically against forum rules to discuss products not sold on AG so this whole thread should be locked anyway. That being said those towels are fine but you'll see after a few washings and dryings the edges become really hard. Also have to cut tags off too. I use em for wheels and door jambs exclusively. Definitely can't beat the price for dirty job towels.

chrt396
03-04-2016, 01:59 AM
Technically against forum rules to discuss products not sold on AG so this whole thread should be locked anyway. That being said those towels are fine but you'll see after a few washings and dryings the edges become really hard. Also have to cut tags off too. I use em for wheels and door jambs exclusively. Definitely can't beat the price for dirty job towels.

OOPS! New here. Guess it would have helped to read forum rules.
I can assure you..I have spent the motherload from Autogeek store in the past week and a half. Hopefully they'll let me slide on a pack of Microfiber towels. The products that I have tried here are amazing. I am sold on Wolfgang products..until the next one I try!

pheerix
03-04-2016, 02:02 AM
I love Wolfgang products too. Time to upgrade your towels now!

chrt396
03-04-2016, 02:11 AM
I love Wolfgang products too. Time to upgrade your towels now!

I have a few nice towels that I invested in.

Here are some photos of the towels that I bought. The yellow one is that bargain store brand. They are actually quite substantial...considering. The gray ones are from the Auto parts store..that I have had for a couple years. They are extremely thick and plush.

With all this said...which microfiber towels do you suggest??

I tried to upload some pics..but I guess you have to have them uploaded form a URL instead of "My Computer". I forgot my password with Photobucket...so no pics.

chrt396
03-04-2016, 02:14 AM
The laptop in my garage saved the password...so here are the pics

Chjeapie MF towels. The edges are soft..not rigid or hard

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/chrt396/IMG_5730_zps6t7aluuq.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/chrt396/IMG_5729_zpsvjdqpkql.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/chrt396/IMG_5728_zpset4wzcg9.jpg

Nicer MF Towels used for removing wax

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/chrt396/IMG_5732_zpsqhpfpict.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/chrt396/IMG_5731_zpsyzczxefj.jpg

pheerix
03-04-2016, 02:36 AM
Can't go wrong with any of the ones Autogeek sells really. People really like the Gold Plush Jrs for all purpose. Supreme 530 is good for quick detail and spray waxes. If you do Rinseless/waterless washes, the Chinchilla and Shine and Buff towels are super plush.

Eldorado2k
03-04-2016, 02:38 AM
@chrt396. The important question is, how's your paint look?