PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review: McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel

Jaretr1
03-01-2016, 09:45 AM
I think there are going to be a lot of reviews for the new McKee's products coming up here...just a hunch I have.

This weekend when I washed my car, I figured I would try the new Gloss Tire Gel on my tires. My intent is to coat them, but I did not feel like going through the whole cleaning prep process. I admit, my favorite tire dressing is Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. It leaves a nice look, and seems to last a decent while.

Immediately, I noticed this new product is thick. It is definitely a gel. I had a sample of the old DP tire dressing and I noticed it separated and needed to be shaken. No where on the bottle does this product instruct shake before using, so I imagine the formula has been enhanced to no longer separate. I shook anyway, and it still came out very thick. This makes it easy to manage and apply.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG3263.jpg

It does retain the minty scent the old DP product did.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG3264.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG3265.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG3266.jpg

I would say the initial coating is a low gloss. Its deeper than the tire coating for instance, but not a wet full gloss look. LIke many tire dressings, additional coatings will most likely amp up the gloss.

I like this is a user friendly product. No need to pre clean tires. I did not clean my tires, I just applied it right over whatever was on there before.

I will be curious to see where this product prices compared to the other offerings from PBMG. I liked it overall. The thickness of the product makes it easy to apply and use.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Wow that looks great Jaret! Interesting to see that it was layered over whatever you had on the tire before.

Thanks for sharing.

Justin at Final Inspection
03-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Nice review! I have a feeling you are right about the upcoming reviews!!!

Nick McKees37
03-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Great photos Jaret. :dblthumb2:

McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel is an all-new formula. While it shares a name with the product it replaces, that's where the two similarities end.

I'm a wheel and tire care junkie, so this product especially went through A LOT of research and development before the formula was approved.

Next time you perform a waterless or rinseless wash, apply McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel with a microfiber applicator. This formula has built in cleaners, so it will remove dirt and grime while it dresses the tires. :props:

Jaretr1
03-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Wow that looks great Jaret! Interesting to see that it was layered over whatever you had on the tire before.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I did not clean the tires whatsoever. I just applied this right on top of whatever was on it (dont even remember what I used).

Jaretr1
03-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Great photos Jaret. :dblthumb2:

McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel is an all-new formula. While it shares a name with the product it replaces, that's where the two similarities end.

I'm a wheel and tire care junkie, so this product especially went through A LOT of research and development before the formula was approved.

Next time you perform a waterless or rinseless wash, apply McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel with a microfiber applicator. This formula has built in cleaners, so it will remove dirt and grime while it dresses the tires. :props:

Good to know. It also shares the minty fragrance :)

Sizzle Chest
03-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Tires look great! Nice review. May have to try this!

ronkh57
03-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Lookin good !

ScottB
03-01-2016, 07:27 PM
wow ... short list of items to try !

Pats300zx
03-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Looking good Jared...Just the right amount of gloss. Looks like a great product.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-02-2016, 01:10 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback Nick! :props: