PDA

View Full Version : Does any of you all have air purifier?

kellyinkc
06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Been looking for one and am researching. I like the Edenpure. Looking for input.

Thanks.
Kelly

abrcrombe
06-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Are you taking about ones for the house? I use one from Sears called Progressive 335. Don't know much about it, but I have been using it ever since I have been recovering from a cold/ sore throat. Seems to work well.

BILL
06-23-2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.merc-buyers.com/EDENPURE-SUPERAIR-PURIFIER.htm

no filter replacement......... thats good.....

abrcrombe
06-23-2006, 06:21 PM
That is good. The one I have is going to need the "pre-filter" changed soon. We used to have the ones from sharper image, and man were they quiet!! It was cool because you never knew they were on. But something with consumer reports, they found out they were ineffective or was releasing some harmful thing? I don't remember really.

BILL
06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
That is good. The one I have is going to need the "pre-filter" changed soon. We used to have the ones from sharper image, and man were they quiet!! It was cool because you never knew they were on. But something with consumer reports, they found out they were ineffective or was releasing some harmful thing? I don't remember really.

Yeah i had 3 of those.........C.R. gave it a lousy rating eventually they just quit on me.......:mad:

abrcrombe
06-23-2006, 07:07 PM
We took them back to the store. They were probably over a year old. Way past the return policy, but they returned it for FULL cash. They must have had a bunch of returns on them, because they even had a paper handout saying sorry and junk like that.

kellyinkc
06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Been busy this evening! Those darn replacement filters kill ya! :mad: Heard this eden pure on Paul Harvey and decided to look into it.
Yeah CR blasted Sharper Image. They sued and I think they lost. The Ionic Breeze emmitted ozone. Now the new model have a ozone shield. CR must have been right.
Placing order this weekend will post results.
Kelly

Mike T
06-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Any of you heard of the Rainbow Vac? By far one of the best air purifiers I have ever seen. You would not believe the nastiness it pulls out of the air. Not to mention its a great Vac. We currently use a Honeywell HEPA purifier. It does a decent job, but its not for very large areas (atleast our model). Honeywell make great product. Make sure when shopping around you make sure it filters the proper square footage you need out of it. Or not going to be pleased with the results. Which is were I'm at.

kellyinkc
06-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Not familiar with Rainbow. Now Filter Queen has one for only 1,000.00. Called the Defender, can be bought with the vacuum for around 2500.00 bucks.
I Like the Edenpure, no filters.