PDA

View Full Version : WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 multiple coats?

ymc226
02-29-2016, 03:50 PM
I corrected with WG Swirl remover and Uber and put on my first coat of WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and it looks fantastic to me.

Is there any benefit of more than 1 coat in terms of protection/durability? The shine is great.

Thinking about WG coating in the future but would like as much shine/gloss as the sealant. Anyone with comparisons regarding degree of shine between these two products?

11Silverado
02-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Usually the only benefit to a second layer is ensuring full coverage. I apply one layer of WGDGPS and it's fantastic. I sometimes top it with Fuzion. I can't comment on the coating as I have not used that, but I too want to give it a try sometime.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-29-2016, 05:07 PM
2 layers max
3 or more will most likely knock off the previous layers

craigdt
02-29-2016, 05:15 PM
2 layers max
3 or more will most likely knock off the previous layers

This. You have to remember the solvents that are in most sealants.
There was a guy one one of the other forums that actually did the scientific testing to show this.

DetailDrivenEugene
02-29-2016, 05:28 PM
The sealant is amazing. The coating is even deeper and glossier!

ScottB
02-29-2016, 05:39 PM
more than -2- ... likely just wasted product.

Also ...thicker coats is not better protection, more wasted product. Thin coats is best.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-29-2016, 05:52 PM
more than -2- ... likely just wasted product.

Also ...thicker coats is not better protection, more wasted product. Thin coats is best.

This is why I strictly machine wax/polish
I can never apply Thin coats by hand lol
Plus machine is easier/faster

custmsprty
02-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Usually the only benefit to a second layer is ensuring full coverage. I apply one layer of WGDGPS and it's fantastic. I sometimes top it with Fuzion. I can't comment on the coating as I have not used that, but I too want to give it a try sometime.

:iagree:

I've never put a second coat of 3.0 but I have topped it with Fuzion for that added pop.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/535i_zpsou5rfjvd.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/535i_zpsou5rfjvd.jpg.html)