PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Clay Eraser Mitt?

Alex Haramic
02-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Has anyone used the Chemical Guys Clay Eraser Mitt? I was looking into buying one but I was wondering if you use it and you pick up tar or fine particles up. Wouldn't you have the risk of scratching the paint being that you couldn't fold the clay and start with a new clay surface? Would you have to buy more than one?

Stegs
02-29-2016, 10:45 AM
have not used it, but from what i read, stick with the normal clay bar.

you can fold it and have a clean bar to keep going

these mitts seem nice, but from what i read around the internet (taken with a grain of salt)
to stick with a tried and true method

again, have not used one, just relaying what i read on the internet

take it for what its worth...

Alex Haramic
02-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks for advice I feel it's a good concept but I assumed the old method would be a safer route

ViperGuy21
02-29-2016, 11:23 AM
I have their clay block(same premise)and I really like it. As for the particulates that get picked up, just wipe the block off with your MF after every panel or so. More frequently for a heavily contaminated surface

AGOatemywallet
02-29-2016, 10:46 PM
have not used it, but from what i read

again, have not used one, just relaying what i read on the internet

take it for what its worth...

Estimated Value...Zero

conman1395
03-01-2016, 03:05 AM
I'd rather use Nanoskin. Chemical guys likes to rebrand and make more expensive or they produce sub par products...

If you're removing tar, use a tar remover first (Tarminator and TarX are the two best) and then you can proceed.

Wherever the guy above said he's read to stick with clay is unknown to me. The clay alternatives are better in every way possible unless you're not planning to polish. Then the only clay bar to use is the Ultra Poly Clay Autogeek has under its numerous brands.

GSKR
03-01-2016, 07:37 AM
Estimated Value...Zero
I don't like them,it's like washing your car with a bag of walnuts.

HateSwirls
03-01-2016, 07:39 AM
I bought one of their prep towels and just didn't like it even though it did remove contaminants.
A few weeks ago I bought a Nanoskin Prep Sponge and just love that darn thing, I'm guessing I used it 15 times and still doing the job.

For really bad contaminates however nothing can replace "Clay Barrs" IMO
The towels felt grabby and was hard to keep it under your hand being it was flat, unlike the sponge.

Alex Haramic
03-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all your input