PDA

View Full Version : My First Polish :)

bryanviper
02-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

So today we got lucky and it hit about 13c (55.5F) So I took this opportunity to take what I have learned over the past month or so since I bought my first polisher, learned it all from this forum. So here are some pictures of 2 panels I did on my dads van with terrible paint. I have yet to buy better wax & may try the HD line of products so I just used what I had at home for now.

1991 GMC Safari. It was painted maybe around 10-12 years ago however it was not a very good job and sicne then it was not taken care of, no wax or anything. Maybe a wash here and there with dish soap :D

Products used in this order:
Griot's Garage 6" Polisher

Sonax Car Wash 2 in 1
Riccardo Yellow Clay Bar
Sonax EX 04-06 (Orange Pad)
Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish (Black Pad)
Sonax Hybrid Liquid Wax (Black Pad)
SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer

Here are the pictures, big difference for such bad paint. I plan to do the rest of the van in the spring once the temps are warmer since this week its going to drop down to around -13c (8.6f) at night and we are supposed to get snow. So this is a good chance for me to see how this stuff will hold up over the next month or two.

Thanks for all the great tips/info from their forum.

p.s. & yes I did it on purpose so my dad will be driving with only 2 areas of the van thats polished haha :D

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Haha excellent, nothing like craving to polish your car and suiting up to get it done.

Awesome work, and considered your self hooked for life. You are now cursed with the polishers eye.

Stop at a red light and see a nice car ? Wrong you immediately look at the sun light or street light on the car and see the defects.

See nice cars at a car show ? Not anymore you seriously just go swirl hunting and actually laugh at how bad some of the cars actually are.

Looks great good job

WaxMaster1
02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Excellent work. Great car to practice on. Stunning transformation and outcome.

bryanviper
02-28-2016, 08:12 PM
lmao I know what you mean, I have been doing this for a while now however just a few weeks ago I went to the International Car Show & that's exactly what I would look for... swirl marks and other defects and I found them on most cars :D

Now if only the weather would get better so I can finish the full Van and move on to my own car ;)

Thanks

Haha excellent, nothing like craving to polish your car and suiting up to get it done.

Awesome work, and considered your self hooked for life. You are now cursed with the polishers eye.

Stop at a red light and see a nice car ? Wrong you immediately look at the sun light or street light on the car and see the defects.

See nice cars at a car show ? Not anymore you seriously just go swirl hunting and actually laugh at how bad some of the cars actually are.

Looks great good job