PDA

View Full Version : How to wash microfiber cloths?

Pages : [1] 2

SixtyMac
02-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Hey guys I got some Edgeless Eagle microfiber cloths...just wondering how I should wash them?

What detergent should I use?

Washer: What cycle should I put? Cold water?
Dryer: Tumble dry low and low heat?

choijw2
02-27-2016, 11:19 PM
You can use any detergent as long as they dont have all those extra fabric softener, bleach, perfume etc etc

Personally I use 3d towel kleen
and tumble dry, but If time isn't issue I air dry them.

pheerix
02-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Hot water low heat

VISITOR
02-27-2016, 11:29 PM
warm water (using bf mf detergent at the moment) with an extra rinse cycle, and then low heat with no fabric softener...

BMW435
02-27-2016, 11:40 PM
You could use from your local store
Tide free & gentle
All free & clear
Or
Any Microfiber detergent from Autogeek (3D towel kleen, microfiber restore, etc.)
Wash on warm water (no fabric softener). I've washed it on hot as well with no problems
I also put in a table spoon or more (depending on amount of towels) of distilled white vinegar for the rinse cycle
I also do a second rinse cycle
I then put it in the dryer for 3 or 4 minutes on low (no dryer sheets), remove and then hang dry

Coopers ST
02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
I use free and clear, extra water, spin, and extra rinse, and high speed spin. I use warm water. To dry I use the lowest setting just above air fluff.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-28-2016, 02:39 AM
Hey guys I got some Edgeless Eagle microfiber cloths...just wondering how I should wash them?

What detergent should I use?

Washer: What cycle should I put? Cold water?
Dryer: Tumble dry low and low heat?

I set my wash machine to hot water and use an actual mf towel cleaner. Currently using the Wolfgang mf detergent. Let it run the rinse cycle on its own and when completed set it to run a second rinse cycle and add distilled white vinegar. I add about a cup.
Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator (http://www.autogeek.net/wg-1202.html)

When its time to dry set the dryer to the lowest heat setting or no heat. Do not add any form of fabric softener. When then come out of the dryer inspect for foreign debris.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/79586-robert-diterlizzi-method.html

I also go a step further and iron out my towels with a lint roller to help remove any loose fibers/lint.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/88875-smack-towel-method-stm.html

BadgerRivFan
02-28-2016, 08:17 AM
Thought I read somewhere not to use hot/warm water to wash...

So I wash mine with 3D Towel Kleen and a splash of Griots Micro Fiber & Foam Pad Cleaner using cold water and an extra rinse cycle.

Dry on low heat (setting just above air fluff). They come out great every time and ready to go back to work.

Eldorado2k
02-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Hot water low heat

This👆🏽

emmjay
02-28-2016, 10:30 AM
+1 for 3d towel kleen.

Its very sudsy so I always do an extra rinse. (15min wash at 30 degrees C and then a 15 min rinse only cycle)

SixtyMac
02-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Nice thanks guys, think I'll wash mine with Free and Clear then dry with low heat. Might get a dedicated MF wash detergent later. Any recommendations?

emmjay
02-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Nice thanks guys, think I'll wash mine with Free and Clear then dry with low heat. Might get a dedicated MF wash detergent later. Any recommendations?

3D towel kleen again...extremely cost effective and a little goes a long way!

3D Towel Kleen (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-towel-kleen.html)

Rmd
02-28-2016, 12:27 PM
The Wolfgang product is excellent with a HE wash machine; it's specifically formulated to work in them. With those machines you need to stay away from sudsy products like HD towel Kleen. The HD is a great product, in a conventional washer.

fly07sti
02-28-2016, 01:20 PM
I personally prefer Micro Retore. 3D towel Kleen is ok, but it's scented and I don't care for that. I also don't understand why people will cheap out on detergent when they spend so much money on MF's.

Eldorado2k
03-02-2016, 11:32 PM
3D Towel Kleen actually states that it's "low foam"

As long as you use the recommended 2oz. per load it works as advertised.
I use 2oz. per every 10 towels, I don't mind extra suds. As long as it's not so much that they're still there during the rinse cycle.