PDA

View Full Version : Two Menzerna things......

YankeeFan
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
First, there are so many questions posted daily about this propduct. The chart made by AG (?) helps but I guess not enough. For a product that everyione seems to love and want to use, I wish the product descriptions could be updated monthly, quarterly, etc. based upon the most common questions of confusion. Just a thought.....

Second, a while ago I printed a hard copy of a post outlining Menzerna products. Under Nano 106FF it mentions "used for light surface marring and/or surafce finishing, use wax as a lubricant, cut 2.5 - gloss 5.0.....". What does and how do you use wax as a lubricant? I haven't seen this suggestion (is it only a suggestion or a must) on other posts.

Howard

TOGWT
10-05-2007, 12:45 PM
These polishes were designed to work in the controlled temperature / humidity environment of a vehicle manufacturer’s paint shop finishing line, note that silicone has an adverse effect on the oils used for surface lubrication and can cause the polish to smear, also be aware that working outside you may have issues like excess humidity, heat, cold, etc that will affect there performance especially with the Nano polish (105FF) as it uses wax as a lubricant (colder temps may cause the wax to harden) It should also be noted that these polishes use an oil in water emulsion for lubrication, if you are using a polymer after polishing it will be necessary to wipe-down the paint surface with Menzerna Top Inspection or a 1:1 solution of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and distilled water.

Just a caution when using this polish with colder ambient temps

SpoiledMan
10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Where do you get *that* from?