PDA

View Full Version : Question on Griots BOSS system

BTLew81
02-27-2016, 05:49 PM
I have a gg6 which works fine for me...for now. My question is, can the boss pads and polishes be used on the gg6? Also, what would you compare the perfecting cream to? 205?

StephenK
02-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Yes it can. Here is a post about it
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/99082-review-b-o-s-s-pads-creams.html

Legacykid
02-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes, not sure if it is best practice or will it last as long but the machine feels smoother with the thinner pads to me.

Polishes are great also. But M205 still is the best bang for the buck I have found. While so versatile cuts and polishes nicely.

Try it out!

VISITOR
02-27-2016, 05:59 PM
yes, they can. jeff brown had a write-up or was working on one on this specific subject. hopefully, he'll chime in...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Calling Marc08EX... I know he can answer your questions.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/93299-review-griot-s-garage-boss-21-long-throw-polisher-comparison-rupes-21es.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/98980-review-griot-s-garage-boss-creams-pads.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98971-detailed-2013-bmw-m5-black-sapphire-metallic-hre-wheels.html

Marc08EX
02-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the post Mike@DedicatedPerfection!

BTLew81, I have no doubt in my mind that the BOSS creams and pads would work with your GG6. The correcting cream and fast correcting cream are very effective compounds.

Rmd
02-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Absolutely will work. I had BOSS pads and polishes with my GG6 and they worked so well that I bought a G15. Give the pads and the liquids a try.

BTLew81
02-28-2016, 03:24 PM
So if we talk liquids, what are the liquids equivalent to? Like is the finishing cream like a 205 or HD polish?

Marc08EX
02-28-2016, 05:43 PM
So if we talk liquids, what are the liquids equivalent to? Like is the finishing cream like a 205 or HD polish?

I assume you're talking about Perfecting cream. Perfecting cream should be equivalent to Meguiar's M205 or HD polish.

StephenK
02-28-2016, 06:23 PM

I keep seeing people saying the Finishing Sealant is like HD Speed. Said to be able to remove 3000 grit and leave some protection. When I used it after the fast correction cream it did seem to do a little more to refine the surface.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
The Boss pads and creams actually will make your gg6 more enjoyable!

The thin pads mean less mass to move and faster cotrection.

The gg6 plays beautiful with the Boss pads.

Actually you should check out the new backplate griotsgarage just released for the gg6.

It's similar to the Boss backing plate but it's for the gg6!

Give it a shot you won't be disappointed

StephenK
02-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Like Brownie told me the B.O.S.S. creams and pads really wake up the GG6

Brownie
02-28-2016, 09:58 PM
I wanted to chime in and respond to you regarding your question of GG6 and use with BOSS Pads and Creams.

The BOSS Creams are Griot's Garage state of the art formulas. They'll perform excellent when paired with THE BOSS or any of Griot's Garage Random Orbitals.

As for pairing BOSS Pads with the GG6...several benefits will be realized:

The BOSS Pads are roughly 8-10 grams less than standard 1" pads. This reduction in weight improves the harmonic balance with the counterweight assembly. The user comfort will be dramatically improved.
The thinner BOSS Pads have significantly less capacity to hold liquid. This in turn manages pad weight and delivers further improvements in user comfort
The thinner pads absorbs less orbital energy which in turn increase pad rotation. The higher rotation increases paint correcting ability.
The lower profile improves tool stability and makes it easier to manage.

Upgrade the GG6 with Griot's Garage Vented Orbital Backing Plate and additional benefits will be realized, including:

Horizontal and vertical venting which lower Buffing Pad Temperatures, increasing pad life
Slight reduction in weight as compared to stock backing plate- improved user experience
The US Velcro Micro Hook will also reduce pad temperatures as compared to the stock plate which uses J-Hook Velcro ....a less expensive hook that increases pad temperature by 15-20%.
For those that have sensitivity to vibration, these upgrades will vastly improve the performance and user experience of the GG6.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-28-2016, 10:18 PM
I wanted to chime in and respond to you regarding your question of GG6 and use with BOSS Pads and Creams.

The BOSS Creams are Griot's Garage state of the art formulas. They'll perform excellent when paired with THE BOSS or any of Griot's Garage Random Orbitals.

As for pairing BOSS Pads with the GG6...several benefits will be realized:

The BOSS Pads are roughly 8-10 grams less than standard 1" pads. This reduction in weight improves the harmonic balance with the counterweight assembly. The user comfort will be dramatically improved.
The thinner BOSS Pads have significantly less capacity to hold liquid. This in turn manages pad weight and delivers further improvements in user comfort
The thinner pads absorbs less orbital energy which in turn increase pad rotation. The higher rotation increases paint correcting ability.
The lower profile improves tool stability and makes it easier to manage.

Upgrade the GG6 with Griot's Garage Vented Orbital Backing Plate and additional benefits will be realized, including:

Horizontal and vertical venting which lower Buffing Pad Temperatures, increasing pad life
Slight reduction in weight as compared to stock backing plate- improved user experience
The US Velcro Micro Hook will also reduce pad temperatures as compared to the stock plate which uses J-Hook Velcro ....a less expensive hook that increases pad temperature by 15-20%.
For those that have sensitivity to vibration, these upgrades will vastly improve the performance and user experience of the GG6.

That's the exact plate I was recommending!

That will transform your gg6 to even be more effective !