PDA

View Full Version : Are my prices to high?

Pages : [1] 2

Maestro Sam
02-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Hello guys,
Was wondering if I was charging to much for my services. I called many shops around my area and they were charging both full interior and exterior, which includes polishing for $150. I called to get estimates from different shops and most shops were charging within that range? It takes me about 6 hours to do a interior and around 10+ hours to to a exterior for paint correction and I am charging between $400+ or more depending on the severity of the paint. If I charge $150 to do both interior and full paint correction, I don't think its worth it. Also, most of the detailers that I called said he does not compound but only polish because compounding can be too abrasive. How do these detailers remove paint defects without compounding? I am kind of lost here and should I drop my price down as well? I charge $400+ for full paint correction which includes wet sanding, compound, polish, sealant, and wax. Is that to much? Please give me feedback and take a look at this link if the prices seem good? Please give me your honest insights and opinions!
Services :: Maestro Detailer (http://www.maestrodetailers.com/services/)
Thanks guys,
Sam

Every_detail
02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
$150 for a interior and exterior is reasonable around my area. If I did that it would be about 4-5 hours total and the outside would just get an AIO.

215Detailing
02-26-2016, 06:44 PM
same prices you had on phila. craiglist if I'm correct
But they seem fair to me.

GSKR
02-26-2016, 06:44 PM
You are setting yourself apart from them,you are more into a detailing process then they are which is no promblem,you just have to find that clientele who is willing to pay for quality over quantity.6 hrs on a interior is a pretty long time.with those detail companies around you,I would go mobile it changes the dynamics.

jamesboyy
02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
You charge what you think your work is worth and or sometime your gonna have to take a lost to make a win therefore I suggest you do a general all in one approach when your offering your interior/exterior/polishing package and or lower the price some depending upon severity thus always be open to customers/charge fairly to the ones who want that 10 plus makeover and not just a little shine.....just some ideas

GSKR
02-26-2016, 06:55 PM
I saw your menu,I would ask more for a 2 bucket wash at least 40 at the min.stay away from engines.otherwise in your menu you are describing your method and products used.It will be a little hard to get those clients,but it can be done good luck.

Mike lambert
02-26-2016, 07:02 PM
The enthusiastic owner will find you if you do good work and the crap will go away. That's what worked for me

hkirch74
02-26-2016, 07:07 PM
The price your charging is higher than most people would want to pay.
I am not saying that your over priced but the law of supply and demand as I have seen will only tolerate a lower price. Yes doing all of that to a vehicle is worth it as I do cars for broker who deals in collector cars from Packard's to Ferraris and Alpha Romeo's and others. Depending on what is required to make the vehicle right is what gets charged.
But a lot of customers would like a nice interior cleaning and polish and wax and you can do that for the $150.00 price . . . . . You seem to know what your doing and if you want to pick up more business that would be a way to do so. Good luck in your venture . . . . . .

fly07sti
02-26-2016, 07:27 PM
The enthusiastic owner will find you if you do good work and the crap will go away. That's what worked for me

:iagree:

Maestro Sam
02-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys, just wondering how these detailers perform a full paint correction and a interior detail under 3 hours? Im just kind of confused. I have a good customer base but have couple of calls a day stating that other shops charge half my price.

watsodetail
02-26-2016, 07:33 PM
Your price is your price you don't have to compete with anyone else. Just stay within the medium price range for your area

StephenK
02-26-2016, 07:33 PM
Know your target clients. If you get a lot of daily drivers then offer a service that cost is comparable to the other shops in your area. Use an AIO for the exterior vacuum interior clean wheels wipe down the interior dress tires and wipe down interior.

dcjredline
02-26-2016, 07:36 PM
They don't do a full paint correction. They do an AIO one step correction and a quick wipe and vac of the interior I bet. Ur doing something different so you can't compare the 2. It's apples to oranges man.

GSKR
02-26-2016, 07:37 PM
If you got 2 people on one car it should take 2 hrs or less,they are cutting corners don't worry about what they do.If someone calls you,I would say there not the real deal Iam,that will open up a brief discussion of what sets you apart from the econo guys they either will buy it or not.

StephenK
02-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Something a forum memeber said a few years ago i still use today and that saying goes like this. "I dont compare with their prices cause they dont compare to my quality " But remember most customers are not gonna want a full correction