PDA

View Full Version : The One Thing The Auto Detail World Needs, but Does Not Have?

Pages : [1] 2 3

vanev
02-25-2016, 06:19 PM
What is the one thing the auto detail world needs, but does not currently have?

Could be anything:
- Product.
- Tool.
- Machine.
- Anything.

There are no wrong answers.
It is intended to be a legitimate question, with realistic answers.
Feel free to go as far "outside the box" as you would like, just try to be as realistic as possible.

Paul A.
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
LSP thickness meter!

Mike@ShineStruck
02-25-2016, 06:36 PM
A true modular polisher
I've been talking to some manufacturers and an idea/invent company about it
Haven't pulled the plunge yet as some of these invent/idea companies seem shakey/shady

GSKR
02-25-2016, 06:50 PM
I actually submitted a useful gadget that solves a promblem in detailing to lake country.Im not at liberty to say,but we will see what happens.

GSKR
02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
A true modular polisher
I've been talking to some manufacturers and an idea/invent company about it
Haven't pulled the plunge yet as some of these invent/idea companies seem shakey/shadyfyi never say anything to a company about your idea without a provisional patent for a start.

FUNX650
02-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Needs optimized restrictions imposed upon puffery.

JMO.

Bob

silverfox
02-25-2016, 07:56 PM
A coating that applies like a wax....one that doesn't need to be buffed off right away or requiring you to be a contortionist to see missed areas or high spots.

Mantilgh
02-25-2016, 08:03 PM
Every automobile owner to be concerned about the condition of the vehicle.

JeffM
02-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Paint that is applied like a coating, layer able, with coatings on top for clear.

custmsprty
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
A coating that applies like a wax....one that doesn't need to be buffed off right away or requiring you to be a contortionist to see missed areas or high spots.

They already exist, they're called Polish Angel Viking Coat and Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic. :dblthumb2:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/EscalateViking3_zpsemwieiw0.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/EscalateViking3_zpsemwieiw0.jpg.html)

shadwell
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
An air freshener which allows my wife to avoid kerbs..

7.3powerstroke
02-25-2016, 08:15 PM
An AIO that is easy to use like HD SPEED. In my experience, SPEED wipes of super easy, cuts nice, looks great. All around super easy to use. But this product needs long lasting sealant/protection. Im thinking a year or so. And who cares if it fills? A product like this is what we need for the daily drivers out there

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 09:21 PM
An AIO that is easy to use like HD SPEED. In my experience, SPEED wipes of super easy, cuts nice, looks great. All around super easy to use. But this product needs long lasting sealant/protection. Im thinking a year or so. And who cares if it fills? A product like this is what we need for the daily drivers out there

How long does it typically last?

WAXOFF
02-25-2016, 09:42 PM
A spray on version of Collinite 845 that you could put on between waxes to keep the beading at maximum.

7.3powerstroke
02-25-2016, 09:47 PM
How long does it typically last?

Honestly, I would say a couple weeks to maybe 2 months? Everyone has different opinions on how long waxes or sealants last. Of course climate plays a factor. I would say just about all or most of the AIO products last about the same. Thats why we need one that just plain blows everything else out of the water. The technology has to be there, thats why I cant figure out why something has not been released yet?