PDA

View Full Version : How to remove fine scratches from a C-Quartz Finest coated film

Osamah
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone

My 4 months old car has some scratches on the hood where the protective film is applied. I'm thinking the scratches are from a leaf blower that was used to dry the car. There is also a small stain that was left behind from bird droppings. The car has 3 coats of Cquartz finest. How can I remove these scratches? Can I go ahead and attempt to hand polish it off?

Isn't Cquartz finest supposed to protect from scratches and bird droppings?

Thanks

Heisenberg
02-25-2016, 03:32 PM
CQ Finest and other coatings help - but do not prevent scratches and bird droppings. You still have to treat them like paint and remove droppings in a timely and safe manner and exercise caution when washing/drying. They do speed up both of those processes and make them easier. I can pressure rinse like 90% of the dirt off my car when I wash.

How did a leaf blower scratch the vehicle? And when you say protective film do you mean you have like a clear bra/paint protection film that is covered in CQ Finest, or are you referring to the Finest as a film?

Any sort of polishing you do will abrade the coating itself. I would recommend talking to the detailer who applied it or waiting for a certified installer on here to recommend your next course of action. I've spot polished some areas of my coating before and they appeared to be fine still but that was eyeballing it and polishing most coatings will remove them.

Osamah
02-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm speculating but I think tip of the leaf blowers nozzle rubbed against it. I'm not too sure.
The film I'm referring to is the clear bra. Both the drippings and the scratches are on the film (the clear bra) only. I'm not sure what brand the film is.

zmcgovern45
02-25-2016, 03:58 PM
As was already mentioned - nano coatings will help to provide a more chemical resistant barrier between the elements and your paint. These coatings do not prevent scratches, water spots, or chemical etching, but they do make it more difficult for these types of damage to harm your physical paint beneath the coating. The goal of paint protection coatings is to prolong the life of your paint and make maintenance easier... they are not a bullet proof product or a maintenance free product, as great care and maintenance is still required for optimal results.

Contact your Finest installer and they will help recommend a solution and can reapply Finest on the effected area if polishing is needed as the abrasives in the polish will degrade or remove the coating.

-Zach
(Authorized CQuartz Finest installer)

GSKR
02-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone

My 4 months old car has some scratches on the hood where the protective film is applied. I'm thinking the scratches are from a leaf blower that was used to dry the car. There is also a small stain that was left behind from bird droppings. The car has 3 coats of Cquartz finest. How can I remove these scratches? Can I go ahead and attempt to hand polish it off?

Isn't Cquartz finest supposed to protect from scratches and bird droppings?

ThanksIts suppose to help,it's not armour proof just repolish.The bird stain may need some extra attention.I don't know what kind of tools you have,but machine polishing will be quicker and more effective.

Mike lambert
02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Polish with essence

dad07
02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
As was already mentioned - nano coatings will help to provide a more chemical resistant barrier between the elements and your paint. These coatings do not prevent scratches, water spots, or chemical etching, but they do make it more difficult for these types of damage to harm your physical paint beneath the coating. The goal of paint protection coatings is to prolong the life of your paint and make maintenance easier... they are not a bullet proof product or a maintenance free product, as great care and maintenance is still required for optimal results.

Contact your Finest installer and they will help recommend a solution and can reapply Finest on the effected area if polishing is needed as the abrasives in the polish will degrade or remove the coating.

-Zach
(Authorized CQuartz Finest installer)

:whs::iagree: