PDA

View Full Version : Software For Tracking Customers and Products Used?

PandaSauce
02-24-2016, 07:24 PM
About 1 month ago I decided to start detailing as a side gig. I've done 5 jobs so far and have 9 jobs lined up over the next 5 or so weekends.

I really didn't expect to get this busy, but it's extra money, so oh well, my weekends are all work.

Anyway, is there a software program out there, or some method of tracking detailing services?

Things I'd like to have:
-Reminders to invite customers back for on-going services like washes and waxes at set intervals
-Notes for what products and processes I used on various vehicles and special requests from the customer (glossy interior, non -glossy, etc)
-Scheduling (though this is pretty easy to just put in my calendar)

lifeatredline
02-25-2016, 08:04 AM
Square can do those things and more. Best part is the price....free.

PandaSauce
02-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Square can do those things and more. Best part is the price....free.

Awesome, I've been meaning to get one. Didn't know it was more than payment.

lifeatredline
02-25-2016, 11:00 AM
I didn't either till I set up an account. It is a complete point of sale program and they even host your website for free. Im still playing with all the features as I set it up.

jrs1418
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
You cannot see your customer history on the square mobile app yet though, only from the dashboard. I hope one day they fix this so i can dump my current point of sale.

Huot25
02-25-2016, 05:27 PM
I've been thinking about building a website specifically designed for detailers and tracking their customers/inventory. I haven't gotten around to it yet due to my work load at my full-time job being so busy at the moment, but this is something I would like to do at some point.

The features I had in mind:

A section to store Customer information
Each customer could have a set of cars
Notes could be associated with a customer, car, or even have a reminder for you as the detailer to ask the customer about something. (ie, apply a coating before winter months as an upsell on the next detail?)
I wanted to have a section to track paint thickness for each vehicle before and after each detail if you were polishing. (This might be overkill, but someone may use it)
Automatically remind the customer of an upcoming appointment (email, text, etc)
Have an automated process for reaching out to customers after X number of months since their last detail.
Have a method to schedule appointments and allow customers to make requests online to schedule appointments. The customer would make the request and then it would go into a pending status to allow you to reach out to the customer or schedule the appointment.

These are just the things I have been thinking about as a hobby detailer with a web background. Let me know if there are any things specific that you would like to see in a system like this an I might be able to include it.

I don't think this would be ready for a bit, but it would be something I want to work on over the next few months. This is something I would probably want to charge for to help with hosting costs and for incentive for future development. It wouldn't be much, probably $5 or $10 per month and this would certainly be something that has free trial. I wanted to state this now so that if I did start charging for it, it would not be a surprise.

I am completely open to any kind of ideas or things you would need to help run your business better.