PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Blower Vac

Pages : [1] 2

PandaSauce
02-24-2016, 06:53 PM
I picked up this Rigid 4gal blower vac a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It's very powerful and the blower works great. It's small and it stores and travels well, and the long extension cord is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4gW_6EoPuc

Mad Wax
02-24-2016, 08:31 PM
I've had it about a year now, and it's still very impressive.

jamesboyy
02-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Congratulations on the purchase, both tools will come in hand though mind the cord when drying the vehicle with the blower always have it over your shoulder

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 12:01 AM
I also have a Ridgid vac and I love it.👍🏽
You should look into the Car Detailing Kit that Ridgid sells.

PandaSauce
02-25-2016, 02:03 AM
I also have a Ridgid vac and I love it.[emoji1417]

I'm gonna pick one up soon I think. Are they really helpful?

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 02:19 AM
I'm gonna pick one up soon I think. Are they really helpful?

Yup. Since you're already working with a 1.25" hose you'll really like the upgraded orange hose. It's 3' longer and more flexible. Easy to work with. The 2 brushes [1 for carpet & upholstery + 1 for dash & soft fabric tops] are great. Especially the carpet 1. The dash brush may be a bit too stiff for most dashboards. [you'll have to make that call yourself] The crevice tool is great, however mine already developed a crack on the rubber from bending too much, I'll have to see how I fix it. The claw is weak, I hardly ever use it.
Cool thing about the kit is you can attach it to your existing hose if you want and make a total of 17' of hose coming from your vac.

PandaSauce
02-25-2016, 02:37 AM
Yup. Since you're already working with a 1.25" hose you'll really like the upgraded orange hose. It's 3' longer and more flexible. Easy to work with. The 2 brushes [1 for carpet & upholstery + 1 for dash & soft fabric tops] are great. Especially the carpet 1. The dash brush may be a bit too stiff for most dashboards. [you'll have to make that call yourself] The crevice tool is great, however mine already developed a crack on the rubber from bending too much, I'll have to see how I fix it. The claw is weak, I hardly ever use it.
Cool thing about the kit is you can attach it to your existing hose if you want and make a total of 17' of hose coming from your vac.

Awesome. I'll order one.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 02:40 AM
Awesome. I'll order one.

No HD near you?

PandaSauce
02-25-2016, 10:33 AM
No HD near you?

Plenty, but I'm assuming it's cheaper online.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 10:41 AM
$40 in store.

Bill1234
02-25-2016, 11:20 AM
I have the larger rigid. I use it all over the place, cleaned out basement, stripped floor and sucked up liquid, etc. I even got the auto kit and it is great, just hard to move around and is bulky (vacuum not kit)

oldmodman
02-25-2016, 03:55 PM
My Rigid ShopVac is well over ten years old and still works and looks like new.

It is one of the six HP models and does anything I ask of it.

The best move I made was to buy three extension hoses so I can roam 20 feet from it. That also has the nice side effect of keeping the noise at bay too.

I had a Sears Vac before this and it only lasted three years before the motor burned out.

Sharply Dressed
02-26-2016, 07:51 AM
I picked up this Rigid 4gal blower vac a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It's very powerful and the blower works great. It's small and it stores and travels well, and the long extension cord is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4gW_6EoPuc

I have the same one. Love the size and power. I've used the blower function once and it worked well. Great vac for mobile detailing. My HD doesn't stock them anymore which surprises me.

KBsToy
02-26-2016, 12:37 PM
I also have a Ridgid vac and I love it.👍🏽

Thanks for info !!

choijw2
02-26-2016, 03:02 PM
wow I bought WD4070 few months ago..

Wish I knew about this model D:

I use my shop vac for drying process and detectable blower would make my life so much easier