PDA

View Full Version : Got Rupes?

Pages : 1 [2]

WRAPT C5Z06
03-01-2016, 09:21 PM
I would hope so... thats the backing plate size it comes with if you ask around (kidding)

Enjoy it! Give it a try with the stock plate as well and provide feedback on the difference in feel. I think so many times we (the RUPES guys) preach the 'don't mod' mentality, but rarely do we get any comparative reviews of how users like their tool modded vs. un-modded. Most guys mod and never try the tool as it was designed. For our own education its good to hear user feedback on the difference in feel - we already know people like the size for a number of reasons. :dblthumb2:

Will do.

Let's take the Mark II 21 with a 5" BP, will it feel less smooth/balanced vs. the 6" plate?

LEDetailing
03-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Couple photos of my first few sections polished with my Rupes 15 Mark II, B&S maroon pad and Sonax perfect finish. 4 section passes. Only polished the right fender and c-pillar.

Mobile Uploads Slideshow by LEDetaling | Photobucket (http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/LEDetaling/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads)

Zubair
03-02-2016, 02:15 AM
I'm gonna go with the Mark II 21 with a 5" backing plate.

Thats what I want as well.

Dylan@RUPES
03-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Will do.

Let's take the Mark II 21 with a 5" BP, will it feel less smooth/balanced vs. the 6" plate?

I won't try to influence you either way - just try both and report back your thoughts.

When we say that RUPES listens to customers we mean it. The feedback we collect in the market it always shared up stream and if they feel there is a way to improve user experience or performance then its considered and we try to make it happen.

Couple photos of my first few sections polished with my Rupes 15 Mark II, B&S maroon pad and Sonax perfect finish. 4 section passes. Only polished the right fender and c-pillar.

Mobile Uploads Slideshow by LEDetaling | Photobucket (http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/LEDetaling/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads)

Looks good! :dblthumb2:

Mike Moore
03-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm gonna go with the Mark II 21 with a 5" backing plate.

Excellent choice!

dlc95
03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
I would hope so... thats the backing plate size it comes with if you ask around (kidding)

Enjoy it! Give it a try with the stock plate as well and provide feedback on the difference in feel. I think so many times we (the RUPES guys) preach the 'don't mod' mentality, but rarely do we get any comparative reviews of how users like their tool modded vs. un-modded. Most guys mod and never try the tool as it was designed. For our own education its good to hear user feedback on the difference in feel - we already know people like the size for a number of reasons. :dblthumb2:

Dylan, I tried my Duetto modded, and didn't like it. I felt that the machine lost a ton of smoothness, and refined feel that that I experienced when I first tried it (without the mod). I also notice that my blue microfiber cutting pads tend to want to mat down when used modded, where they stay "fluffier" when used stock. Another thing I didn't like was that modded, the compounds dried out prematutely.

I think the mod is great for guys who use a good degree of downward pressure, which I almost never use with any of my machines.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Dylan, I tried my Duetto modded, and didn't like it. I felt that the machine lost a ton of smoothness, and refined feel that that I experienced when I first tried it (without the mod). I also notice that my blue microfiber cutting pads tend to want to mat down when used modded, where they stay "fluffier" when used stock. Another thing I didn't like was that modded, the compounds dried out prematutely.

I think the mod is great for guys who use a good degree of downward pressure, which I almost never use with any of my machines.

How did you mod the duetto?

dlc95
03-05-2016, 12:36 AM
How did you mod the duetto?

With a washer.