PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0's Different Abilities

willowcat11
02-24-2016, 01:22 AM
I was just wondering if 3.0 can be used to provide a little extra protection on Headlights, Glass, and Wheels.

It didn't say it in the description, but seeing if it can be used effectively on those other surfaces as well?

Thankyou,

Ray

p.s.- some might say why don't I just get the WGU Coating. I just wanted to wait a while, and see what more and more people say about it's long term results.

I just came from using Megs products, and just finally started buying Wolfgangs products. I was just going to try out the 3.0 Sealant for a while before I start using coatings.

LEDetailing
02-24-2016, 01:56 AM
It can only add protection. I coated some glass, headlamps, tail lamps, and paint with BF wet diamond sealant and that seals awesome. From what I have read Wolfgang and BF sealants are similar performers.

Give it a try and let us know how the long it lasts and protects.

I need to try the Wolfgang Sealant once my BF is gone.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-24-2016, 02:52 AM
Yes you can apply any sealant to glass, or plastic.

If you put it on your glass make sure you use quick detail and not a window cleaner to not strip the sealant protection.

Putting sealant on your headlights is good practice as it will give you protection for uv rays and oxidation as well as protecting it against snow and rain making it easier to dry.

vobro
02-24-2016, 08:15 AM
I used to use the sealant on wheels and lights, now I just use Hydr02. It's easier and since I have a Charger and Durango with the expansive corner to corner tail lights that are super soft it means less rubbing. On wheels it's faster,you can coat the barrels and since I'm getting older the Hydr02 is easier on me. Nothing wrong with using a traditional sealant though

willowcat11
02-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Thankyou guys! You have been very helpful! I also like the idea of using one product on multiple surfaces, like on the interior of my car, where I am using WG Cockpit Trim Sealant on all Vinyl, and Leather Surfaces.

I have been "knocked out cold" since using WETS on the exterior Trim, and the Cockpit Sealant on the inside. My two favorite products right now, so I am really excited about using 3.0 now.