PDA

View Full Version : MB Tex cleaner/conditioner?

adias
02-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Which products should be used to clean/maintain Mercedes MB-Tex leather-like material. Mild products which keep the surface's matte look.

TIA

Found it - soapy solution: 1% dish washing liquid solution.

dcjredline
02-23-2016, 11:21 PM
I wouldnt put dish soap in any dilution on my leather and I 100000000000% wouldnt put it on someone elses leather.

Use a leather specific cleaner, from Meguiars, Mothers, something along those lines.

adias
02-23-2016, 11:40 PM
I wouldnt put dish soap in any dilution on my leather and I 100000000000% wouldnt put it on someone elses leather.

Use a leather specific cleaner, from Meguiars, Mothers, something along those lines.

It's not leather. It is a next gen high quality vinyl. But... leather professionals do wash leather, including anilin dyed, with a mild soapy solution too. What do you think is in a branded leather cleaner if not some sort of a soapy solution?

Priyaka
02-24-2016, 01:50 AM
You could try Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. This should be gentle enough to use on the MB Tex seats.

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-shampoo.html)

Here is also an older post on the care of MB Tex:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/44809-care-mb-tex.html

adias
02-24-2016, 01:56 AM
Thanks! Not sure about using anything other than regular cleaning with a very mild soapy solution. Corroborated by the 2012 thread. Re 303 AP, I am a fan, but again not sure for this MB-Tex.

roguerobot
02-24-2016, 08:31 AM
Sounds like you are doubtful about what product could work, so my suggestion is to simply use the product Mercedes recommends: the Mercedes Benz Interior Cleaner. Note that they also make a Leather cleaner, but they do not mention MB Tex in the Leather Cleaner section, but instead in the Interior Cleaner section.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/vehicle_care

For what its worth, I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner on the leather (and plastics) in my BMW. It smells good, cleans all the surfaces well, and doesn't leave any stickyness.

DapperStyle
02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
For the MB Tex in my 2014 C I use Chemical Guys All Clean+ APC diluted 20:1 and use that on everything dashboard, door panels, center console, all seats and arm rests, as well as the steering wheel and shift boot. I follow up with Ultimate Interior Guard Plus for protection and conditioning.

I found this combo after trying AP 303 which I did not like on my interior and PoorBoy's Natural Look which left my vinyl plastics and slippery, it was so bad that you could make "fart" noises just sliding into and out of your seat. I hated it so much I removed it immediately with APC.

Ultima Int. Guard claims to leave behind a "cashmere" feel and while I wouldn't exactly call it cashmere it does give everything this great soft tactile feel and it's perfectly Matte. I love it on my seats, doors and steering wheel especially. After using this combo you just need a damp cloth or a little spritz of APC on a MF to touch up the interior every few weeks.

TL;DR
-Chemical Guys All Clean 20:1 (super economical)
-Follow up with Ultima interior guard plus
-Touch up every few weeks with damp cloth or small spritz of APC.

dcjredline
02-24-2016, 02:00 PM
It's not leather. It is a next gen high quality vinyl. But... leather professionals do wash leather, including anilin dyed, with a mild soapy solution too. What do you think is in a branded leather cleaner if not some sort of a soapy solution?

Thanks, I didnt know that it was leather like (missed that part of your post)

Also I did not say dont use soap...I said dont use DISH SOAP. You misunderstood that point.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2016, 06:40 AM
I use Megs D114 @1:128 in a spray bottle to wipedown the interior of a 2014 E Class, which I assume has this M Tex material you're referring to. Works great.

FUNX650
02-25-2016, 08:01 AM
It's not leather.
It is a next gen high quality vinyl.
•The embossed vinyl material called MB Tex
has been around for quite awhile.
-Not a newly created material, or material name.

•However:
-"Dead stock" MB Tex was known as
the interior material of the gods.

-Can the same be said about the quality of
this newer version of embossed vinyl?
Not so much.

•Clean-up is a fairly easy process:
your usual vinyl cleaner(s) does the trick.

Bob