PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 83

shagnat
02-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Does anyone use Meguiar's 83 dual action cleaner polisher? If so, what were your results?
What would you use besides this product?

Setec Astronomy
02-22-2016, 04:22 PM
That was a good product in it's day, today there are much better choices.

FUNX650
02-22-2016, 04:46 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/30224-meguiars-83-dual-action-polish.html

Note:
Included in the above thread are 3 "must read"
M83-pertinent MOL articles (see MP's post#8).

Bob

dlc95
02-22-2016, 07:08 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/30224-meguiars-83-dual-action-polish.html

Note:
Included in the above thread are 3 "must read"
M83-pertinent MOL articles (see MP's post#8).

Bob

Great finds, Bob!

I always had trouble with M83 back in the day. It was unbelievably difficult to remove, so I switched back to M02.

I'm thinking about trying it again, as I've been enjoying M02 again.

Setec Astronomy
02-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Great finds, Bob!

I always had trouble with M83 back in the day. It was unbelievably difficult to remove, so I switched back to M02.

I'm thinking about trying it again, as I've been enjoying M02 again.

You're crazy.

dlc95
02-23-2016, 12:11 AM
You're crazy.

Just a little.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-23-2016, 12:40 AM
Do you have this polish layingaround or are you looking to buy it

dlc95
02-23-2016, 02:48 AM
Do you have this polish layingaround or are you looking to buy it

It's available locally pretty cheap.

That's something where I should try and source a sample.

That stuff used to dry like cement on me. Worse than M105 ever could.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 06:49 AM
It's available locally pretty cheap.

That's something where I should try and source a sample.

That stuff used to dry like cement on me. Worse than M105 ever could.

So you just want to see if you can master it now? I mean I still have a bottle of it, but I can't imagine the situation where I would use it again. All those 80-series polishes that I bought ~12 years ago are getting runny on me, and are the first products that I bought for machine polishing. Let's just say I've bought a lot of polishes since then, and the only possible reason I could see for using it again (other than just trying to get rid of it) is if it was a single-stage vehicle that could benefit from the "trade secret oils". But on the flip side I have plenty of other polishes that I could use just to try to get rid of.

dlc95
02-23-2016, 07:42 AM
So you just want to see if you can master it now? I mean I still have a bottle of it, but I can't imagine the situation where I would use it again. All those 80-series polishes that I bought ~12 years ago are getting runny on me, and are the first products that I bought for machine polishing. Let's just say I've bought a lot of polishes since then, and the only possible reason I could see for using it again (other than just trying to get rid of it) is if it was a single-stage vehicle that could benefit from the "trade secret oils". But on the flip side I have plenty of other polishes that I could use just to try to get rid of.

I guess.

More of a curiosity. I was getting out of this, just before d/a usage with M83 was to gain popularity. The product always gave me problems. I wonder if I may have gotten a bad batch. That the first product I ever tried varying the amounts of product, incrementally, to no avail. It's also the first product that warranted a call to customer care.

My bottles of M83, and M82 suffered the same fate as they were left in the garage to freeze after which they were discarded.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 08:15 AM
More of a curiosity. I was getting out of this, just before d/a usage with M83 was to gain popularity. The product always gave me problems. I wonder if I may have gotten a bad batch. That the first product I ever tried varying the amounts of product, incrementally, to no avail. It's also the first product that warranted a call to customer care.

My bottles of M83, and M82 suffered the same fate as they were left in the garage to freeze after which they were discarded.

Eh, I think your batch was fine, it was a product that could just be difficult to work with, especially once the pad got saturated. I think mine may have gotten frozen, too, when we had one of those hurricanes here and the power was out for a long time.

dlc95
02-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Eh, I think your batch was fine, it was a product that could just be difficult to work with, especially once the pad got saturated. I think mine may have gotten frozen, too, when we had one of those hurricanes here and the power was out for a long time.

Probably.

New pad/bonnet/applicator...

No matter what I did, I couldn't make it work.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 11:38 AM
The good news is we have so many good products today.

shagnat
02-23-2016, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll use m205 and be done :)