PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 15 with non-rupes pads

04accord
02-22-2016, 03:23 PM
So i got a rupes 15 (mk1) last week. I have buff and shine (the normal ones) pads, but was wondering, am I missing out by not having the rupes pads? Is the machine that much smoother/better performing with rupes pads or should I just stick my buff n shines? How have they held up for people on the rupes machines? Thanks

Mike@ShineStruck
02-22-2016, 04:06 PM
No you're not
I liked my Boss pads better then the Rupes.
The B&S low pro is what I'm using now..I like them better then the other two..
LC Thin pros may be a good option too
Theyll offer the most balance then all mentioned above..
I didn't like the fact that theirbwasnt a centering/cooling hole

ski2
02-22-2016, 04:09 PM
I used my G15 with standard B&S 5.5" pads at first and it performed well, but then I had an opportunity to try the B&S Low Pro pads designed for long throw polishers. A world of difference--if you can believe it the G15 ran even smoother than with the standard B&S pads. I would think the Rupes 15 would behave the same with the B&S Lo Pros.

JSou
02-22-2016, 04:51 PM
I like the Rupes pads but have been using the Meguiar's thin discs lately.

custmsprty
02-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Remember, the Rupes Polishers were designed as a system. Sure like most everyone I've used numerous different pads on all my Rupes polishers and the Rupes are the best overall balanced pads for their machines. It doesn't mean I don't use other pads, but when the machines were designed they were designed and balanced around their pads.

My Griots G21 runs okay on regular pads but it is a dream with the Griots pads as it was designed around them and the balance of them. It's way smoother with the Griots pads.

On a job I did this weekend the G21 nad it's aggressiveness heated up B & S regular orange pads big time. I had to switch them out often or I would have blown them apart and they were all brand new.

I'm just trying to use up pads I have then I'm sticking with what's made for the machines.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-22-2016, 06:21 PM
The BS low pros are better then the Boss pads
At speed 4 there wasnt any inbalance
Speed 6 their was a very faint difference over the Boss
The Thin pros ran the smoothest out the 3..but have yet to use it on a job to see how much heat it creates due to lack of center hole

There was an obvious/notable difference how much inbalance the Boss and the low pros had compared to the smooth Thin pros at speed 6 on G21

04accord
02-22-2016, 06:30 PM
thanks for the input guys. Gonna pick up a BS low pro and see how I like it

usmcpab
02-22-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm have the mkii 21 and while I have been using the Rupes pads, I also use the lake country thinpro pads, hydro tech pads, and microfiber pads. I absolutely love the thinpro pads. I've been wanting to try the meguiars thin pads as well. Been sing good reviews in those as well.

choijw2
02-22-2016, 07:35 PM
personally looking forward to trying out boss pads with rupes 21es mark I

even tho I noticed pretty big difference in vibration when it comes to rupes pads vs non-rupes and great result with rupes pad+polish combo (I mainly use 21es for UHS system), I am not big fan of rupes memory foam like pads.

I find it pretty difficult to tackle curved panels with rupes pads.... or am I doing something wrong?

dlc95
02-23-2016, 12:10 AM
personally looking forward to trying out boss pads with rupes 21es mark I

even tho I noticed pretty big difference in vibration when it comes to rupes pads vs non-rupes and great result with rupes pad+polish combo (I mainly use 21es for UHS system), I am not big fan of rupes memory foam like pads.

I find it pretty difficult to tackle curved panels with rupes pads.... or am I doing something wrong?

Even switching to their (Rupes) microfiber pad will cause some vibration.

I never thought it would be enough to warrant a specific microfiber backing plate, but there is.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-23-2016, 12:39 AM
Youll be fine not using the rupes pads.

However they are nice pads.

I like the yellow. Green. And white alot.

I have the boss and the rupes pads work well on them.

The boss pads will also work well on your rupes.

Give the boss microfiber cutting pad a try they are bullet proof and last longer then the meguiars mf cutting pad

Mike@ShineStruck
02-23-2016, 12:51 AM
Ditto, the Boss MF seem to be the best ATM

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-23-2016, 12:59 AM
Ditto, the Boss MF seem to be the best ATM

I absolutely love them