PDA

View Full Version : Does Klasse All-in-One (AIO) Remove Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (HGSG)

hello
02-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been using the Klasse twins for a number of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner with a *very light* polishing action that leaves behind an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves all this in a one-step product.

That being said, does Klasse AIO remove the Klasse HGSG? I imagine it does, since it states that it removes "old wax."

Thanks in advance.

Desertnate
02-23-2016, 09:01 AM
I would say it will remove SG. Will it remove all of it down to fresh paint? I'm not sure, but my vote would be no, unless the SG is almost completely worn away. It's pretty tough stuff.

I've always thought of/treated AIO like a paint cleaner or Klasse SG prep product. It might stand on it's own like a "normal" AIO, but like most AIO's I wouldn't expect it to last very long.

FUNX650
02-23-2016, 11:58 AM
:welcome: ...to AGO!

Since some of the renowned Klasse Sealant,
(the "LSP component" of K-AIO), is stated to
be left behind when applied to vehicle surfaces...

My question is:
How in the world would you be able to discern
when the existing Sealant-film-layer of the
K-HGSG has been successfully removed, or not?

Bob

hello
02-23-2016, 12:55 PM
I would say it will remove SG. Will it remove all of it down to fresh paint? I'm not sure, but my vote would be no, unless the SG is almost completely worn away. It's pretty tough stuff.

I've always thought of/treated AIO like a paint cleaner or Klasse SG prep product. It might stand on it's own like a "normal" AIO, but like most AIO's I wouldn't expect it to last very long.
That's how I use it. I've also found it to do a solid job "polishing" touch up paint for my car so that it matches the original pretty well.

:welcome: ...to AGO!

Since some of the renowned Klasse Sealant,
(the "LSP component" of K-AIO), is stated to
be left behind when applied to vehicle surfaces...

My question is:
How in the world would you be able to discern
when the existing Sealant-film-layer of the
K-HGSG has been successfully removed, or not?

Bob
My understanding is that AIO doesn't last as long as HGSG, so my concern is spot-treating with AIO and then having that area become "unprotected" sooner than the remainder of the car that's been treated with HGSG.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 12:57 PM
My understanding is that AIO doesn't last as long as HGSG, so my concern is spot-treating with AIO and then having that area become "unprotected" sooner than the remainder of the car that's been treated with HGSG.

That's pretty simple to fix; simply go over your "spot" with some KSG, after the KAIO...just like it says on the bottle.

FUNX650
02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
I've been using the Klasse twins for a number
of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed
by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner
with a *very light* polishing action that leaves
behind an an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves
all this in a one-step product.

•It would seem, at least to me, that after a
number of years of using the "Klasse Twins"...
-any concerns regarding these products' attributes
would be "Settled Science" by now.

Bob

axel06
02-23-2016, 02:22 PM
I would have to ask the manufacturer on this question hmmmm

hello
02-23-2016, 02:39 PM
That's pretty simple to fix; simply go over your "spot" with some KSG, after the KAIO...just like it says on the bottle.
It's part what I'm trying to understand... if I can avoid the entire affair of reapplying.

•It would seem, at least to me, that after a
number of years of using the "Klasse Twins"...
-any concerns regarding these products' attributes
would be "Settled Science" by now.

Bob
Never had a "controlled environment" and correspondingly a regimen until recently.

I would have to ask the manufacturer on this question hmmmm
Is it Carlack who manufactures Klasse? There is a US Klasse site but not much info.

RaskyR1
02-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been using the Klasse twins for a number of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner with a *very light* polishing action that leaves behind an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves all this in a one-step product.

That being said, does Klasse AIO remove the Klasse HGSG? I imagine it does, since it states that it removes "old wax."

Thanks in advance.

I would say yes depending on how it's applied. Gently by hand, maybe not fully rmoved, but DA applied and worked like a polish I can just about guarantee it's long gone.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM
It's part what I'm trying to understand... if I can avoid the entire affair of reapplying.

Entire affair? You're rubbing a spot with AIO. After you buff that off, wipe on some SG (overlap your area some), wait a minute, MF wipe, done. Or are you referring to the "affair" of SG being a pain to remove? If you are having that problem you are applying way too much--you need to put that stuff on whisper thin. It should go on like a WOWA, should mostly flash and disappear, if you have a "high spot" knock it down with a towel.

hello
02-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Entire affair? You're rubbing a spot with AIO. After you buff that off, wipe on some SG (overlap your area some), wait a minute, MF wipe, done. Or are you referring to the "affair" of SG being a pain to remove? If you are having that problem you are applying way too much--you need to put that stuff on whisper thin. It should go on like a WOWA, should mostly flash and disappear, if you have a "high spot" knock it down with a towel.
The entire waiting 30 minutes for it to dry, then 12 hours for full cure.

I'm proud to say I've learned to apply HGSG to the point that it's easy - I used to have the hard removal problem but now I have the hang of it.

Klasse usa ,Klasse Application Guide, How to apply Klasse AIO, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, All-in-one, klasse all-in-one (http://www.autogeek.net/klasse-usa.html)

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 05:09 PM
The entire waiting 30 minutes for it to dry, then 12 hours for full cure.

Who does that?

hello
02-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Who does that?
People who put 50 grit guards in their rinse buckets.

Setec Astronomy
02-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Some people make detailing too complicated. Do your AIO, go over it with SG. Go back to your life, it will be fine.

gtopont
01-30-2022, 09:35 AM
perfect aio goes on first then the sealant !!!! you are right !!!!