PDA

View Full Version : Which Edgeless Eagle MF for spray wax??

SixtyMac
02-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. Wanted to get your guys thoughts on which Edgeless Eagle MF towel from TRC I should use for spray wax on my black Accord? I ordered the blue ones but I saw there were also the green "creatures".

hdez
02-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forums :).

If you bought already the Edgeless Eagle, you are set, they are more higher quality than the "creatures".

I have the green ones and they are just ok, I use them just to remove polish.

oc412
02-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Try the Megs D156 Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html)

The Eagle Edgeless are amazing towels. I also like the new platinum pluffles as well. Both work good the pluffle is good at absorbing liquid. The edgeless is best for removing or buffing waxes imo.

Flyphish
02-22-2016, 06:18 PM
I just got some Pluffles and they are really nice. I may use them to dry.

SixtyMac
02-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Try the Megs D156 Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html)

The Eagle Edgeless are amazing towels. I also like the new platinum pluffles as well. Both work good the pluffle is good at absorbing liquid. The edgeless is best for removing or buffing waxes imo.

Will the Eagles work with Meguiars ultimate quik wax you think?

davidc
02-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Yes, they will work fine

Dave

oc412
02-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Yup, good choice on the towel!! I couldn't recommend a better one honestly.

SixtyMac
02-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Awesome, thank you guys

willowcat11
02-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. Wanted to get your guys thoughts on which Edgeless Eagle MF towel from TRC I should use for spray wax on my black Accord? I ordered the blue ones but I saw there were also the green "creatures".

I've been using the Eagle Edgeless and absolutely love it! Use for Sealant/Wax/Spray Wax buff off.

I've also bought the Window Waffle Weave Towels for my glass, and they are excellent.

And then like some others have said, I also own a bunch of the Pluffle's now too. These things absorb the HECK out of any water. Ring them out and then use again. I am very happy with all of these buys.

willowcat11
02-22-2016, 11:59 PM
I do have a question though too, for anyone who owns the Pluffles. Do any of you guys notice that they can grab a little when trying to wipe across an area?

I wonder if they are only supposed to be patted down on the car rather that wiped across?

Thanks guys and take care!

Ray

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Ya they work, just keep one side dry and buff off

oc412
02-23-2016, 01:05 AM

I do have a question though too, for anyone who owns the Pluffles. Do any of you guys notice that they can grab a little when trying to wipe across an area?

I wonder if they are only supposed to be patted down on the car rather that wiped across?

Thanks guys and take care!

EDIT: I am referring to the platinum pluffle towels also.

Ray

I haven't experienced that but I have only used them twice as I just got them on Saturday. I used them while applying some CG Hybrid V7 and I have a coat on 845 on the paint so it was already very slick so I may not be the best person to answer. I have a way to contact a rep for them if you want me to ask for you.

willowcat11
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Ahhh. There's the problem. Several months back I bought my current car from my uncle which hasn't had a Sealant or Wax on it in years, and when I got the pluffles and went to dry my car after washing it, it was grabbing because of all the surface contamination. I'll be taking care of all that this week. So things should be good after this.

jcaustin87
02-23-2016, 06:57 PM
I keep looking for these towels in the store on the microfiber page and I'm not seeing them? ;)