PDA

View Full Version : D156 is AMAZING

Pages : [1] 2

jcaustin87
02-22-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm in Birmingham for a funeral this weekend and there was Camaro on the Emerald Aisle. I had my 2 1/2 year old with me and I asked him if he wanted to ride the "red"car and he "YES DADDY! RED CAR FAST!" So I wedged his car seat into the back seat really easy and took off. Being a rental this car "freshly cleaned" was a mess. Water spots all the hadies all over it, so I went to WalMart and got the D156 equal and a 3 pack of plush microfibers. Drove over to the local pay and spray and washed the car off, used the "foam" setting to squirt "suds" over the car and blasted it down again. Sacrificed one of the microfibers for an initial drying and then used the second one to wipe down as I went around the car a second time spritzing and wiping. WOW!

As I got in the car last night after dinner I had to take a shot of the beading as a result. I can attest that this car was not beading like this after the funeral and it had rained. I can almost certainly assure you this car did not POP like it did after the D156.

I bought some of Meg's Natural Shine wipes to do the interior, using the third microfiber to knock it down and hit all the glass with some bottled water. This is what I would consider "guerrilla" detailing.

This car is a fine machine and a lot of fun to drive.

zmcgovern45
02-22-2016, 12:26 PM
I don't think there will ever be a time when D156 is not on my shelf. I use it as a drying aid after every wash.

hdez
02-22-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm actually planning to test Optimum Car Wax, as D156 leaves oily holograms for me :(.

zmcgovern45
02-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Are you using too much? I always spray it lightly on a wet car and then dry off and it's perfect.

BTLew81
02-22-2016, 02:02 PM
I LOVE 156. Agree with Zach...it will always be in my hand when detailing.

hdez
02-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Are you using too much? I always spray it lightly on a wet car and then dry off and it's perfect.

I believe not too much. I apply it on a dry paint and one mist on a larger panel.

zmcgovern45
02-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Gotcha. Try using two towels... One slightly damp with D156 and the other dry.

Spread the D156 using the damp towel and then buff off any residual product with the dry one.

Some light smearing may be visible with LED lighting initially, but that is the case with almost every spray detailer. Should be no visible smearing under normal lighting/sunlight.

KB in MD
02-22-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm actually planning to test Optimum Car Wax, as D156 leaves oily holograms for me :(.

Where's the meme that says 'u doing it wong'
j/k
What color paint? Are you applying dry or as a drying aide? :Picture:

Eldorado2k
02-22-2016, 02:28 PM
I overspray it on a dry surface, darn near wet the whole panel then use 2 towel method as was mentioned^
Never a problem for me.

hdez
02-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Gotcha. Try using two towels... One slightly damp with D156 and the other dry.

Spread the D156 using the damp towel and then buff off any residual product with the dry one.

Some light smearing may be visible with LED lighting initially, but that is the case with almost every spray detailer. Should be no visible smearing under normal lighting/sunlight.

Gotta try that then :). Thanks!

Where's the meme that says 'u doing it wong'
j/k
What color paint? Are you applying dry or as a drying aide? :Picture:

Yeah, seems that I was not using a correct technique lol.

hogie
02-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes, D156 is good stuff, but why are you spray waxing a rental car?

Eldorado2k
02-22-2016, 03:35 PM

I'd do the same thing.. Probably even throw some Hyper Dressing on the tires.😃

pheerix
02-22-2016, 08:05 PM

Yea I would practice machine polishing for the first time on a rental car but wouldnt bother washing and waxing a rental. Why spend more money on a rental? Kinda like getting the extra insurance lol.

Bicycle
02-22-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't think there will ever be a time when D156 is not on my shelf. I use it as a drying aid after every wash.

I use it the same way. Makes my red GMC pickup look really good.

Cabrio
02-22-2016, 09:23 PM
I'd do the same thing.. Probably even throw some Hyper Dressing on the tires.😃

Ha! This is classic! :dblthumb2: