PDA

View Full Version : HD Express 1st impression

Pages : [1] 2

mcate
02-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Been wanting to try Express since I got a bottle for Xmas. So since Indiana winter took a brief hiatus this weekend, I thought I'd give it a tryout. My daily driver Fusion was detailed last October with HD Polish & Poxy. All I did yesterday was wash it & apply Express. No correction or polishing. (I'll do that when Spring hits) I used my PC with a blue pad. At 1st I thought it would be too thick for the supplied sprayer to work, so I dabbed a couple drops on the pad. After a while I figured what the hell, & attached the sprayer. It actually sprayed nicely. It went on evenly with the PC, & wiped off very easily. It left a nice, slick, & glossy finish that I tried to capture with the pics. I'm very satisfied with it, & looking fwd to using it as a refresher between car shows on my Shelby.

chuckk
02-21-2016, 08:14 PM
I must admit im really starting to like all the HD products. Next thing I want to try is the 3d rinseless
Cheers

mcate
02-21-2016, 08:23 PM
I must admit im really starting to like all the HD products. Next thing I want to try is the 3d rinseless
Cheers

I really like everything of theirs I've tried thus far. I've got Cut, Polish, Adapt, Poxy & Express. Going to order Touch soon. Never been an AIO guy, but I'll probably get a bottle of Speed here pretty soon.

fly07sti
02-21-2016, 08:56 PM
Good to hear it worked well for you. I just ordered it to use as a topper for Speed. I have been more than impressed with HD Cut, Polish and Adapt. The newer (+) Polish and Cut are even better than the originals!

DetailKitty
02-21-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm new to the HD line. But I love what I've used so far.
Thx for the review... Something else I need to try :dblthumb2:

custmsprty
02-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Auotgeek, are you listening? You need to carry more of the complete line of 3D and HD products.

David Fermani
02-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Nice review of HD Express mcate!

HD Express is a very versatile product and can be used several different ways. I works extremely well in direct sunlight too.

A couple different ways I like using it....

**Spray a couple squirts onto a dry towel and wipe over the panel. Follow with a separate towel and buff residual product.

**After final rinsing your vehicle, spray 1 squirt of Express on every average sized panel as you dry. It will not only help dissipate wetness while drying, but will also put down a nice layer of protection and slickness. Just do a 2nd/final wipe after the car is dried.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Companies like HD & Nanoskin have amazing products. You'll see more and more of them in the future.

HD Polish is my go to finishing polish on all jobs now. ALL

mcate
02-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Companies like HD & Nanoskin have amazing products. You'll see more and more of them in the future.

HD Polish is my go to finishing polish on all jobs now. ALL

I feel the exact same way about HD Polish, but I've got a 32 oz bottle of SF4500 that I don't want to throw away! lol

hdez
02-21-2016, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know the difference between HD Polish and AAT "Finishing Polish"? (same product of 3D).

Also, there's a HD Polish+ product on ther Youtube videos but there's no information on their site, could be their improved formula I guess?

mcate
02-21-2016, 10:40 PM
Nice review of HD Express mcate!

HD Express is a very versatile product and can be used several different ways. I works extremely well in direct sunlight too.

A couple different ways I like using it....

**Spray a couple squirts onto a dry towel and wipe over the panel. Follow with a separate towel and buff residual product.

**After final rinsing your vehicle, spray 1 squirt of Express on every average sized panel as you dry. It will not only help dissipate wetness while drying, but will also put down a nice layer of protection and slickness. Just do a 2nd/final wipe after the car is dried.

Good info, David, & thanx. I'd seen a review somewhere where the user said to spray it on a towel to apply. I'll definitely give it & your other recommendation a shot.

David Fermani
02-21-2016, 10:47 PM
If you spray it directly onto a dry panel rather than a towel it could be more difficult to work over the panel as well as not remove as easy. The towel helps control the amount you deposit much better.

7.3powerstroke
02-21-2016, 10:52 PM
If you spray it directly onto a dry panel rather than a towel it could be more difficult to work over the panel as well as not remove as easy. The towel helps control the amount you deposit much better.

Good to know. I have a bottle and had problems with wipe off. It left a slight haze. I still have a little in the bottle to try again before totally writing the product off. Thanks David!

Priyaka
02-21-2016, 10:55 PM

Are you able to apply HD Express on all surfaces of the car, or just the paint?

@mcate, Thanks for the nice review. I'm impressed with all the positive reviews the HD line is getting. This is one line that is on my list of products to try.

The Guz
02-21-2016, 11:01 PM
HD Express is nice. I like it as well.

Does anyone know the difference between HD Polish and AAT "Finishing Polish"? (same product of 3D).

Also, there's a HD Polish+ product on ther Youtube videos but there's no information on their site, could be their improved formula I guess?

You'll find your answer in regards to HD Polish+ here

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/98899-3d-hd-speed-2.html