PDA

View Full Version : Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer Review

Guyb
02-21-2016, 07:02 PM
The rear bumper pad on my van needed the color restored. I had previously tried another trim product but didn't get the results I wanted.
Products used were Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer
Meguiar's D101 APC
Microfiber Applicator Pad

I followed the usage instructions on the Autogeek store product page as the package and bottle lacked any usage instructions for application. I would recommend taping the area to avoid extra cleaning. I did wipe my pad on the painted bumper area to see how it cleaned off. It wiped away without any damage or staining using APC.

The bumper pad after cleaning and taping

A 50/50 shot

Completed Bumper Pad

I will have more trim to work with and also will report back later on the durability.

kwwhite1
02-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Looks great! I just ordered some yesterday and cant wait to try it out now after seeing how great the results are.

LEDetailing
02-21-2016, 07:20 PM
I have an 06 Sienna and the black rear bumper pad/trim needs Solution Finish. I have been intrigued by the product since watching Darren Priest's tour of the solution finish facility. The owner/inventor of Solution Finish was working his own assembly line. Neat video.

I know Mike Phillips has used it on project cars. I will be ordering some Solution Finish this spring/summer.

Thanks for the review, looks great.

Guyb
02-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Thanks, I think it will be something I keep around in my detailing supplies.

Buster906
02-22-2016, 01:57 PM
This is the result of applying Megs paint protect a week prior to rain. The mirrors and trim are still a little black. I am disappointed in the performance of this Megs product. Can someone recommend a trim restorer that does not come off after rain

AGOatemywallet
02-22-2016, 02:29 PM
This is the result of applying Megs paint protect a week prior to rain. The mirrors and trim are still a little black. I am disappointed in the performance of this Megs product. Can someone recommend a trim restorer that does not come off after rain

How was the surface prepped, prior to the PP365?

Buster906
02-22-2016, 02:37 PM
AGOatemywallet, A regular wash on the finish and trim. I did not treat the trim and mirrors. This has happened with all treatments I have applied.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Solution Finish is an amazing product. I have been using it for over a year now. Its a great upsale.

Buster906
02-22-2016, 02:55 PM
AGOATEMYWALLET, how does Solution stand up to rain. If I bought Solution Finish, how is the plastic cleaned to get rid of all prior treatments. Do you have pictures of the product in use

BrutalNoodle
02-22-2016, 10:41 PM
AGOATEMYWALLET, how does Solution stand up to rain. If I bought Solution Finish, how is the plastic cleaned to get rid of all prior treatments. Do you have pictures of the product in use

It will run & spot if not prepped properly. Ask me how I know... lol

You must, and I mean MUST, read this thread: How To Restore Exterior Black Plastic Trim. (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/59327-how-restore-exterior-black-plastic-trim.html)

APC + brush attachment with DA = Trim ready to be treated with favorite product. :props: