PDA

View Full Version : Sad i can't stand thieves (mobile units)

215Detailing
02-21-2016, 03:41 PM
SAW THIS ONLINE: Thieves could force mobile car wash company out of business - Story (http://www.ktnv.com/news/crime/thieves-could-force-mobile-car-wash-company-out-of-business)

tcope
02-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Headline states that they may be forced out of business? No insurance on that costly equipment? Video appears cut but I think there are a lot of locks that could have been used to prevent this from happening. What is to prevent someone from stealing the stuff right off the trailer with a wrench? I don't wish a theft on anyone but you also need to take your own precautions to avoid this type of thing.

Tilt alarm might also be a good idea. Even one of those door handle alarms would probably scare them off.

VISITOR
02-21-2016, 06:06 PM
No insurance on that costly equipment?

exactly...

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-21-2016, 08:35 PM
No insurance. No lock on chain. Smh.

I feel bad for the guy. But this is a prime example of those who cut corners on expenses and lose big.

BillE
02-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Not to be critical, but there is a reason for a "hole" on the trailer hitch handle...it's for a lock.

Sad, a $10 lock probably could have prevented this.

Bill

Eldorado2k
02-22-2016, 08:29 AM
How many times did she say Dudecks? I lost count. Lol.

oldmodman
02-23-2016, 12:28 AM
It sure does look like neither was locked.

I have the hitch locked to the receiver, the trailer locked to the hitch, and the safety chain locked to the chassis. To steal my trailer they would have to cut either three locks, or two locks and a chain. Not going to happen without making some noise.

My motion sensor goes off if anyone goes near the trailer and it only alarms inside my house.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-23-2016, 12:49 AM
I feel bad for the guy HOWEVER.

I hate to be cruel he was asking for it.

It was able to be stolen in 30 seconds he was asking for it.

Like the guys said above a simple lock chain will not make it un stealable but youwill have to make noise making the thief scared.

Too easy

I get paranoid when i have my polisher in the car when i go to wal mart let alone that

VISITOR
02-23-2016, 01:35 AM
I feel bad for the guy HOWEVER.

I hate to be cruel he was asking for it.

it's true ^ . there's always the.. could of, would of, should of. while it's definitely not right for anyone to commit theft in any form, one has to realize the world and age we live in. you wouldn't leave your car doors un-locked when you are shopping/going out or when it's parked outside. it's just an accident/incident waiting to happen...

BrutalNoodle
02-23-2016, 09:40 PM
They seemed pretty nonchalant throughout the act. What are the odds they knew the owner/family. Doesn't feel like some random job to me.

And this has better not be insurance fraud or some twisted attention grabbing stunt to gain sympathy (usually equals: donations), because it would suck.

StangFan25
02-24-2016, 12:09 AM
They seemed pretty nonchalant throughout the act. What are the odds they knew the owner/family. Doesn't feel like some random job to me.

And this has better not be insurance fraud or some twisted attention grabbing stunt to gain sympathy (usually equals: donations), because it would suck.

That was my first impression too but no insurance so can't be for insurance money.