PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Top Inspection

FMINUS
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone else try this? Is it worth the price of admission?

ScottB
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Its a cool product to try, and fits well in the line, but it aint necessary if your saving your pennies.

Truls
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Im hooked on that one, i love how it cleans up the paint after you wipe it down after the PC/rotary to inspect, also helps if some compound or polish sticks to the paint, just mist and wipe.. Im only using it when correcting paint, never after a cleaner or polish/sealer cos i got the feeling that i can remove the sealer/protection etc when aplyed, but im not sure about that..

trhland
10-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Im hooked on that one, i love how it cleans up the paint after you wipe it down after the PC/rotary to inspect, also helps if some compound or polish sticks to the paint, just mist and wipe.. Im only using it when correcting paint, never after a cleaner or polish/sealer cos i got the feeling that i can remove the sealer/protection etc when aplyed, but im not sure about that..
alcohol and water mix will do the same.

SpoiledMan
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM

For about $19.50 less.;)

D
10-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Exactly. Im sorry, but why the hell would someone buy this when you can just use water/ alcohol? Is there any difference?

Truls
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Spoiling good alcohol??? are you guys NUTS!!!!!

Im not sure if we can get that "alcohol" stuff in Norway...so im sticking to the Menz TI

D
10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Spoiling good alcohol??? are you guys NUTS!!!!!

Im not sure if we can get that "alcohol" stuff in Norway...so im sticking to the Menz TI

Well you've got a good reason then!

Ong~Bak
10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyone else try this? Is it worth the price of admission?

I use it all the time after compounding, polishing.
Carry a bottle with me and after work I will wipe
down the whole car and apply spray sealant or gloss enhancer
leaves the surface perfectly clean, will not strip a sealant and
Collinite 915 not sure about other waxes.
Is it worth it? Well that you would have to decide, nobody
can tell you it is or not ! For 20 bucks not like you are going
to be out much, to me yes it is worth it... :)

:cheers:

trhland
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
its a marketing thing!. i can put rubbing alcohol and water mix in a fancy bottle and call it the samething:D

P1et
10-05-2007, 08:37 AM
For about $19.50 less.;)

What do you guys use to make the alcohol/water mix? I've never done that.

ScottB
10-05-2007, 09:14 AM
its a marketing thing!. i can put rubbing alcohol and water mix in a fancy bottle and call it the samething:D

I truly doubt it is just the same. It was designed by Menzerna to use at the factory on new paint. So I suspect it is much safer. It does however work very similar to our homemade concoction and thus up to end user to choose which he should subscribe to.

What I will say is on a cured sealant, the Menzerna Final Inspection does not seem to remove it like the alcohol/water will. It doesnt cloud and you see it working more like a qd'er than a remover or paint prep.

supercharged
10-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Kinda pricey...for $20 I"d rather get a bottle of Spray Souveran...maybe it's just me...

6LS2
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I've just ordered this. I'll do a review of it when I use it.