PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 01:52 PM
It was on sale a couple weeks ago, and I recall second guessing myself for passing up on a good deal.. But early this morning I saw the kit was on sale again. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.😌
But it's time to look forward. I'm all in and I'm excited! I ordered 2 Orange pads, 2 Yellow Pads, and 1 White pad. [6.5"]
I also plan on buying some Carpro Gloss Pads along with Essence soon.
Finally get my upgrade. I'm ready to kick some butt!

If you guys have any pad suggestions I'd like to hear em. How are the LC Orbitals on the G21? Buff & Shine Orbitals? I'd like to stick with the 6" backing plate it's coming with.. But it wouldn't hurt to also have a 5" on deck to use with my current pads.

I'm coming from a HF DA which will become 3" duty.

boomdone
02-20-2016, 01:54 PM
It was on sale a couple weeks ago, and I recall second guessing myself for passing up on a good deal.. But early this morning I saw the kit was on sale again. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.😌
But it's time to look forward. I'm all in and I'm excited! I ordered 2 Orange pads, 2 Yellow Pads, and 1 White pad. [6.5"]
I also plan on buying some Carpro Gloss Pads along with Essence soon.
Finally get my upgrade. I'm ready to kick some butt!

If you guys have any pad suggestions I'd like to hear em. How are the LC Orbitals on the G21? Buff & Shine Orbitals? I'd like to stick with the 6" backing plate it's coming with.. But it wouldn't hurt to also have a 5" on deck to use with my current pads.

I'm coming from a HF DA which will become 3" duty.

Congrats. I'm in a similar situation. Still using my HF DA and trying to decide when to take the plunge on a serious machine. I'll be looking forward to updates from you to see how you like it compared to your HF.

Detailsbydaniel
02-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Congrats. Which kit did you end up with if you don't mind me asking. Im about to pull the trigger myself

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Congrats. I'm in a similar situation. Still using my HF DA and trying to decide when to take the plunge on a serious machine. I'll be looking forward to updates from you to see how you like it compared to your HF.

Yea I already know the 1st thing I'm gonna put it to.. I hope it's a success.

Congrats. Which kit did you end up with if you don't mind me asking. Im about to pull the trigger myself

I got the $399 deal. Free shipping + no tax. 5 Griots pads of your choice, 3 towels, washer mod included, training wheel innerflex pad and XMT polishing foam pad cleaner. I had $400 in gift certificates so it was a perfect match:)

Plus I got all the free AG goodies available at the moment to go with my order.

The Guz
02-20-2016, 02:32 PM
What happened to all this talk about getting a Rupes lol?

Nice pick up. Why not just stick with the Griots pads. Everything is made to work as a system.

goldenlight
02-20-2016, 02:41 PM
No tax is always a good deal.. :-)
thinking of getting the the boss my self.

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 02:45 PM
What happened to all this talk about getting a Rupes lol?

El Cheapo happened😂
I figured it was going to cost me almost $100 more to get what I bought today choosing the Rupes. And then you include the 5" Rupes backing plate which is like $40! Ouch.. And it's not even the new MARKll backing plate they're charging that much for.. There came a point where I looked at what the real differences were between the 2 and whether they justified the extra cost.

But yea, it's kinda funny. I know I sold out a bit. Oh well, as long as it works. Lol.

usmcpab
02-20-2016, 03:02 PM
I picked up the Rupes just because I like the latest new tech, lol. Still plan to pick up the boss. With that being said as far as pads go, the boss pads do look promising plus it's part of the system. In a huge fan of the Rupes system. Very efficient. As far as other pads go, I love how hydrotech and thinpro pads work with the rupes. Microfiber pads are another sets of pads to consider.

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Nice pick up. Why not just stick with the Griots pads. Everything is made to work as a system.

Yea I'll probably stick with the Griots pads. The thought of getting the LC or Buff&Shines was more based on getting the Rupes polisher. But if I like the results from the standard pads then cool. I'm starting to like the idea of 6.5" pads. Not too big, but not small like the 5" pads I was accustomed to.

Eric@CherryOnTop
02-20-2016, 03:14 PM
I just jumped on the Boss G21 package deal from the newsletter a couple weeks ago too. Couldn't pass that up! I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can take some paint off something :-p I'm interested to see how much different it feels than my Rupes 15.

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 03:14 PM
As far as other pads go, I love how hydrotech and thinpro pads work with the rupes. Microfiber pads are another sets of pads to consider.

So not too big of a drawback from the Hydrotech and Thinpro pads not having a hole in the center? I'm wondering how big a factor that really makes. Since I'm new to this I've got a hole pad mentality. Lol.

Do you ever get the feeling the microfiber cutting pads on 21mm are overkill? They're already pretty beast on a regular DA.

Eldorado2k
02-20-2016, 03:19 PM
I just jumped on the Boss G21 package deal from the newsletter a couple weeks ago too. Couldn't pass that up! I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can take some paint off something :-p I'm interested to see how much different it feels than my Rupes 15.

Which pads did you choose? And what kind of compound/polish do you have on hand and looking forward to trying?

Eric@CherryOnTop
02-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Which pads did you choose? And what kind of compound/polish do you have on hand and looking forward to trying?

I think I got 3 microfibers and 2 whites. I also picked up some HD Adapt which I've heard excellent things about and some HD Polish. I'm a pretty regular user of Menzerna for corrections and HD Speed for AIOs. I'm thinking now about expanding on the BOSS line cos I'm hearing such great things about the liquids....

Mike@ShineStruck
02-20-2016, 03:36 PM
You'll prob use the orange pads allot I know I have

I recently purchased the low pros for durability
And 1 Thin pro.. Wish they had a center cooling hole

I'll prob buy one of each of thin compare cut/finish
As for the works as a system....eh
Between the 3 pads I've only noticed inbalance free spin at speeds 5 and 6
At speed 4 it all felt the same

The Guz
02-20-2016, 03:43 PM
El Cheapo happened😂
I figured it was going to cost me almost $100 more to get what I bought today choosing the Rupes. And then you include the 5" Rupes backing plate which is like $40! Ouch.. And it's not even the new MARKll backing plate they're charging that much for.. There came a point where I looked at what the real differences were between the 2 and whether they justified the extra cost.

But yea, it's kinda funny. I know I sold out a bit. Oh well, as long as it works. Lol.

It's all about patience lol. In reality you don't need the 5" backing plate with the Rupes since you still have your HF DA. Anyway you should enjoy the G21. I almost picked up a Boss myself until Nick convinced me to get the Mark II.

On a side note listen to Jason Rose on the latest episode of the Auto Detailing Podcast. He talks about the multi tool approach. I think you will find that interesting.

I also forgot the new thin LC pads. There is a review around here or on Autopia about them.

I think I got 3 microfibers and 2 whites. I also picked up some HD Adapt which I've heard excellent things about and some HD Polish. I'm a pretty regular user of Menzerna for corrections and HD Speed for AIOs. I'm thinking now about expanding on the BOSS line cos I'm hearing such great things about the liquids....

There have been some great reviews on the fast correcting creme. I'm still not sold on HD Polish after using it. I still end up going back to M205. Post up your thoughts when you use it. I am planning to play around with HD polish a little more.