PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 06:01 PM
I love my G21 and it packs plenty of power and doesnt bog down very easily compared to some other polishers. Heck, my GG6 doesnt stop rotating when you apply pressure... :dblthumb2:

Do you use a 5" or 6" backing plate on your G21?
Going into it, I was thinking 6" backing plate all the way.. But once I ran into those little fenders on the Tacoma I got a reality check.

These fenders are probably among the worst case scenario for a long throw polisher with 6.5" pads. I sure hope this is about as bad as it gets and not too common.

I've polished this same truck before with my HF DA w/5" pads and was able to do every part of it except for the pillars next to the windshield and along the rear window.

On 2nd thought, I was able to polish the pillars before, I just laid down some tape along the sides of it. But obviously couldn't do that with the new polisher.

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Eldorado, My Boss is lopsided like that.

Really? Man, what's the dealio... It doesn't seem right for it to be like that._.
Ever since I pulled it out of the box and saw that, I haven't felt comfortable laying it face down. I put it away face up [backing plate up] because I'm afraid it might bend any further and Really mess it up. I dunno :o

7.3powerstroke
03-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Really? Man, what's the dealio... It doesn't seem right for it to be like that._.
Ever since I pulled it out of the box and saw that, I haven't felt comfortable laying it face down. I put it away face up [backing plate up] because I'm afraid it might bend any further and Really mess it up. I dunno :o

I dont know what the deal is. I just use mine and hope if something flies apart is doesnt mess up the paint.

Eldorado2k
03-19-2016, 06:36 AM
I used my Innerflex Pad once... And upon closer examination, it's already starting to delaminate.😕

Also, does anyone else find the washers extremely hard to remove once they're installed?

cleanmycorolla
03-19-2016, 10:11 AM
There is really no need to go away from the BOSS pads with the G21. They are great pads. Add the BOSS MF pad and you'll be set.

I'm in Pasadena, BTW

ummm, could i come by and check the machine out....it's been such a long time since we talked. Was thinking about purchasing.....i'm like on Del Mar lol

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2016, 10:28 AM
ummm, could i come by and check the machine out....it's been such a long time since we talked. Was thinking about purchasing.....i'm like on Del Mar lol

If I still had it, totally! I sold it. Gonna get the Rupes Mark II 21 soon.