PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Zubair
03-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Hey Zubair, if you're interested I'm going to be doing a head to head review on my G21(I've had it for about 5-6 months now) vs. the LHR15 MKII, mainly based around ergonomics.

Hey there, I'll be more interested in seeing a head to head on stalling on curves if you could include that.

Eldorado2k
03-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Why did you buy a BOSS if you already have an MKII?

I don't own a Rupes MKll. But I was able to test them out at the SoCal Roadshow Class with Mike Phillips.

Btw, when I said things finally came together, I meant that in a good way.. Meaning I finally felt completely comfortable with the machine and how to use it. Of course I've still got a ways to go before I master it or anything, but I'm past the beginning stage and that feels good. I'm looking forward to getting more pads, including the Boss Microfiber pads and also the Boss Creams. And a 5" backing plate and maybe some more pads to go with it too.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't own a Rupes MKll. But I was able to test them out at the SoCal Roadshow Class with Mike Phillips.

Btw, when I said things finally came together, I meant that in a good way.. Meaning I finally felt completely comfortable with the machine and how to use it. Of course I've still got a ways to go before I master it or anything, but I'm past the beginning stage and that feels good. I'm looking forward to getting more pads, including the Boss Microfiber pads and also the Boss Creams. And a 5" backing plate and maybe some more pads to go with it too.
Ahhh, I see. :dblthumb2:

MKII does have more balls than the BOSS, however. ;)

Heisenberg
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Hey there, I'll be more interested in seeing a head to head on stalling on curves if you could include that.

Sure thing. :xyxthumbs:

I'll do with and without washers.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Washer is a must.

dlc95
03-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Washer is a must.

Iike them without the washer.

usmcpab
03-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Nice to see a very unbiased review. I ended up picking up the mkii just based on when we tested the mkii at the Socal roadshow. I was just too impressed with the smoothness and ergonomics. But I still want to pick up a g15.

The Guz
03-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Good feedback on the G21.

Washer is a must.

I agree with dlc95. I found the washer to not be needed on the Rupes 15 Mark II.

RaskyR1
03-10-2016, 02:15 PM

Good feedback on the G21.

I agree with dlc95. I found the washer to not be needed on the Rupes 15 Mark II.

Not needed in term of power, but when you go to blow your pads out (best way to clean MF) it's nice having a backing plate that spins freely. :props:

VISITOR
03-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Starting from the unboxing.. I took it out of the box, removed the backing plate so I could install the washer and this was the 1st thing that caught my eye. [notice the top left corner of the counterweight, small chips. Looks like someone at the factory had a good time dropping it a few times. Definitely doesn't look new.] Grr..

when i purchased a rupes lhr21es, the QC (nicked cord, marred exterior, etc) was far worst then any polisher i had owned and to top it off their customer service was terrible/non exsistent. i don't support any company/business that doesn't back their product(s)...

ski2
03-10-2016, 04:24 PM

Don't forget if you are using the Griots supplied washers to use at least two as they are very thin.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Don't forget if you are using the Griots supplied washers to use at least two as they are very thin.

Their washers are terrible.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Are you using the washer ?

If so do you have 2?

The griots stock washer is too thin to completely space the backing plate from the shroud.

Griots will send you extras for free.

If you are un happy with the counter weight chip, (as I would be un happy on a brand new tool)

I'm more then sure autogeek will take care of it, or Griots will.

The machine transforms with the second washer, it's like driving with a e brake on, unleash the power, and send griots the email right away .

dlc95
03-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Not needed in term of power, but when you go to blow your pads out (best way to clean MF) it's nice having a backing plate that spins freely. :props:

Mine will spin backwards when not engaged with a surface.

That being said, I use a microfiber towel to clean them between cycles.

Eldorado2k
03-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Are you using the washer ?

If so do you have 2?

The griots stock washer is too thin to completely space the backing plate from the shroud.

Yes I'm using both washers.. I've watched Raskys' youtube vid and as soon as I saw the part where he spun his backing plate I was like "whoa mine doesn't spin like that"
I was hoping someone in the comments would ask him about that and I'm glad you did.. Were you ever able to get it to free spin more than a couple of seconds? Mine free spins for about 3 seconds tops.