PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet.. I just bought a G21

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Eldorado2k
02-21-2016, 02:58 AM
All the boss pads are bullet proof I been using them since the system came out.

And the back Velcro is apart of the pad not used with glue as Jeff brown stated what does glue do when it gets hot ?

They are bullet proof.

And that was an Amazing deal for 399.

And if you got the certificates for 150 that means you got 300 in that awesome kit.

Those pads towels alone would of cost you near 100$

I know you was a big rupes fan and even dogging the griots a bit.

Dude, everything you said is completely true. Lol.
I just watched that video less than an hour ago where he says that. Lol.
And yup, I snagged those 2 certificates for $150 each a few weeks ago:)
Once again, you're right. 5 pads don't exactly come cheap.. And at that total price it really is like getting them totally free. Don't have to go through the trouble of modding my own washer because it comes included in the box.. There's deals, and then there's the Real Deal.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-08-2016, 06:21 PM
There is really no need to go away from the BOSS pads with the G21. They are great pads. Add the BOSS MF pad and you'll be set.

I'm in Pasadena, BTW

Firehouse Mike
03-08-2016, 08:08 PM
What happened to all this talk about getting a Rupes lol?

Nice pick up. Why not just stick with the Griots pads. Everything is made to work as a system.

Absolutely...I have only used Griot's pads with my G21, and have been using their Creams too. Works wonderfully and easy to pick up new ones anytime (Griot's Showroom 20 minutes away). :xyxthumbs:

Mike

JSMet
03-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Congratulations on your new polisher. I know you're looking forward to a spring and summer of the kind of labor that brings the satisfying feeling of having a ride that shines like glass. Please send some pictures of your results.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Dude, everything you said is completely true. Lol.
I just watched that video less than an hour ago where he says that. Lol.
And yup, I snagged those 2 certificates for $150 each a few weeks ago:)
Once again, you're right. 5 pads don't exactly come cheap.. And at that total price it really is like getting them totally free. Don't have to go through the trouble of modding my own washer because it comes included in the box.. There's deals, and then there's the Real Deal.

Why didn't you post pics of your new polisher?

Are you holding out on us or what ?

Eldorado2k
03-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Why didn't you post pics of your new polisher?

Are you holding out on us or what ?

I haven't forgotten. I'll post an update very soon.
I'd like to thank Autogeek for the great customer service during this transaction.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-09-2016, 05:02 PM
I'd like to thank Autogeek for the great customer service during this transaction.

Damn son. :dblthumb2:

RaskyR1
03-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Do you guys find any negatives in the Griots foam pads? Or would you say they're inferior to either the Buff & Shines, Rupes or the LC Orbitals?

And I read a post that said the interface pad is pretty much useless because it can break apart if used over speed 4? So does that really mean it's totally useless?

I still have my beta Innerflex pads from Dec 2014 and they haven't failed me yet. That being said, I only use them when needed. All these new thin pads companies are releasing work great, but being so thin they lack the cushion needed for certain really curved areas, and this is where the Innerflex pad is useful. I would not suggest using one for doing a whole car, just when needed and it should hold up just fine. :props:

The Guz
03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Congratulations on your new polisher. I know you're looking forward to a spring and summer of the kind of labor that brings the satisfying feeling of having a ride that shines like glass. Please send some pictures of your results.

He doesn't have to wait long. We are in the land of Sun here in Southern California.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-09-2016, 09:44 PM

Nothing like opening a box with a new toy in it.

Congrats let us know how you like it, if you have any questions about the system, pads, creams etc, don't be afraid to message me.

Eldorado2k
03-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Ok, I believe I've had enough time with the polisher now to provide a fair enough opinion about it so far.. I've been holding back until now, which hasn't been easy, but after being able to test it out 4 different times, I finally had that moment where it all seemed to come together.💡

Starting from the unboxing.. I took it out of the box, removed the backing plate so I could install the washer and this was the 1st thing that caught my eye. [notice the top left corner of the counterweight, small chips. Looks like someone at the factory had a good time dropping it a few times. Definitely doesn't look new.] Grr..

@ eldorado. Rupes is a good bit smoother. My Boss sounds like it could fly apart at any minute. Rupes just feels like a better built machine. But the Boss has a good warranty, so everything probably comes out in the wash.

I wonder if the counterweight has anything to do with me totally agreeing with this statement.👆🏽I immediately remembered this comment and thought "wow he was spot on"
The lack of smoothness on this machine compared to the Rupes MK2 is considerable, to say the least... Sure I can use it with 1 hand, but I can use my HF DA with 1 hand as well, so that's nothing special.

1st thing I did was try it on my own hood using the sample of Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish that came with my order. Directions say to use a nickel sized amount to start off, so that's what I did.

Worked it longer than I usually would due to it being DAT.. Overall it wasn't the best experience due to me being so used to M205/SMAT. Things just felt too dry. There are some areas on my hood with very fine swirls, they weren't removed at all.. But I was short on time and left it at that.

A couple days later I decided to clay my trunklid and use M7 with the Boss yellow pad to get better aquatinted with the polisher. I did several applications, the whole time trying to get used to the variable trigger throttle and lock. I really didn't like how this worked at 1st, but I've kinda gotten used to it now.
Once again, there's only so much you can get out of the experience without correcting defects.. No fun yet. Lol.

Next day I tried it out on my friends boat. I had attempted to polish this boat in the past, and it was a huge PITA. This day I simply wanted to do a test spot.

Boss White Foam Pad w/Meguiars M67 One Step Compound.

Before:

After: Just 1 long cycle on speed 6 produced this. I was pretty pleased considering how difficult it was to achieve this with my HF DA.

But as expected, the foam pad loaded up fairly quickly + the evenings humidity set in and the results couldn't continue much further than my test spot of about 4'x3'
It was nice to see the Boss packed a good punch.

I can just imagine how much work it will be when the time comes for me to polish the whole 28' boat. I could already feel it after going over that section a few times with the same pad.. The Boss isn't exactly light, combine that with its lack of smoothness and this 28' boat will not be an easy task..

4th try: Finally I got a chance to try out on something normL, something with swirls, finally!

Toyota Tacoma before:

I used Megs Black Wax on Boss Yellow Polishing Pad/speed 4.5
After:

It's not perfect, nor was that the goal for this daily driver, but it sure is shiny now.😉

It was nice to finally be able to use it on a real vehicle in need of polishing. The 6.5" setup proved impossible on the Tacoma fenders. The long stroke & power also ripped the tape I had laid down right off the plastic fender covers😯lol. I'll be looking into a 5" backing plate..

Sorry for the long post but it was a long time coming. Thx for reading.

Eldorado2k
03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
This is the pic of the counterweight that was left out of the post*

Zubair
03-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Good to see an unbiased, factual, honest, unhyped opinion based on real experience. Can't wait to get another Rupes.

Heisenberg
03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Good to see an unbiased, factual, honest, unhyped opinion based on real experience. Can't wait to get another Rupes.

Hey Zubair, if you're interested I'm going to be doing a head to head review on my G21(I've had it for about 5-6 months now) vs. the LHR15 MKII, mainly based around ergonomics.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Ok, I believe I've had enough time with the polisher now to provide a fair enough opinion about it so far.. I've been holding back until now, which hasn't been easy, but after being able to test it out 4 different times, I finally had that moment where it all seemed to come together.💡

Why did you buy a BOSS if you already have an MKII?