PDA

View Full Version : Which Collinite Wax or Sealant is best for Winter Protection?

darksparkz
10-04-2007, 02:58 PM
There are so many different choices for Collinite Waxes for winter protection. I'm wondering what are the differences between all the different ones, are some sealants and others waxes? Which are carnuaba and which are synthetic? Which has to be a LSP and which can be topped with carnuaba waxes?

A whole buncha questions, but first a bit of a description on what I'm looking for.

I am in Chicago weather, so mainly snow and slush and lots of road salt. I have a black car, so shine is noticeable. I'ved tried the Klasse AIO and SG twins, any better recommendations? I'm more worried about protection then anything, but if there's something that can act as a synthetic wax, I should be able to put a LSP carnuaba wax over it or a different topper.

So since this is the month for Collinite, I'm asking for your help on explaining the differences between all of them.

Thanks!

SVTContour
10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I used 845 IW on my car 3 weeks ago and it surpised me. First off, it was ridicously easy to use, when shaken well it is very liquid and a very little goes a long way! Appearance wise it is very nice. I have a silver metalliac and the metalliacs just seem to all sparkle in the direct sun.

I also used it on my aunt's metalliac black in direct sunlight (70 degrees) and it still was very easy to work with. It definitely helped to add gloss and depth to the black paint after an application of Poorboy's PwS.

Others also use the paste version. I believe it is 476. The general consensus is that it is somewhat harder to apply/remove, yet it is also more durable

Surfer
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Duragloss 105 and Collinite 915 = bullet proof and excellent looking

Al-53
10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Duragloss 105 and Collinite 915 = bullet proof and excellent looking

yes..what surfer said....I have used that combo here in New England winters and works great...laffs at winter.....

Al

YankeeFan
10-05-2007, 11:55 AM
you guys are killling me.......okay......so how bullet proof is 915 vs. 476? Are we talking pistol vs. magnum or pistol vs. tank....:-)

Howard

Whitethunder46
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
you guys are killling me.......okay......so how bullet proof is 915 vs. 476? Are we talking pistol vs. magnum or pistol vs. tank....:-)

Howard

I'm interested in this question also. 476 is also $15 cheaper than 915.

Surfer
10-05-2007, 12:07 PM
It will stop an A1 Abrams Tank dead in its tracks :D

Never used 476, but I think the main difference was 915 had more carnauba/polymers or whatever, don't know, 915 looks sharp and definitely is top notch in durability, damn waxes will outlast pretty much any sealant lol.

TOGWT
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Which Collinite Wax or Sealant is best for Winter Protection?

Harsh winter – Klasse All In One (AIO) Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG) x 2, Collinite # 845 Liquid Insulator Wax or # 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax x 2. If you apply a final layer of wax without buffing it will provide more protection / durability (especial for vehicle storage purposes).

darksparkz
10-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm interested in this question also. 476 is also $15 cheaper than 915.

Both of us pretty much have the same questions, it should be merged, lol.

Anyways, It seems to me that 476 is more of a paste wax, typically being harder to apply/remove, similar to the Klasse twins. I think going the Collinite 915 paired with Duragloss 105 route would be the best.