PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Car Soaps

Pages : [1] 2

caudleej
02-18-2016, 08:26 PM
So I've been using Meguiar's Wash and Wax (YELLOW) solution and Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo. I can't decide which one is better. I like how easily the cars dry and feel after washing with the W&W but it doesn't seem to suds and lubricate very well. The GC however produces excellent suds and lubrication.

I tried mixing the to products with pretty good results but I don't know if I'm doing myself any good.

Thanks

The Guz
02-18-2016, 08:37 PM
What's your dilution ratio? I believe both are 1 ounce per gallon.

jamesboyy
02-18-2016, 09:04 PM
The Guz is more than likely correct, hence if you got 5 gallons of water it should be five capfulls though Meguiars wash and wax hardly foams from the start and when it do it does not stay long mostly a pretty soap your better off using Meguiars Gold Class if you ask me

vobro
02-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Out of the two GC is my choice. However since I've tried HyperWash I a haven't looked back. At one ounce per 4 1/2 gallons, instead of 1oz per gallon it's considerably cheaper, suds great and will rinse clean.
Meguiars Hyper-Wash is a concetrated car wash for frequent or professional detailing. Super foaming, long lasting car shampoo from Meguiars. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-hyper-wash.html)

Guyb
02-18-2016, 11:09 PM
I just did my first wash with Hyper-Wash and love it. Used a fine nano mitt and had plenty of lubrication.

LEDetailing
02-19-2016, 12:11 AM
I really like Meguiars Gold Glass. I wasn't as big a fan of the yellow wash and wax stuff. I would like to try Megs hyper wash.

If you guys haven't tried Optimum's regular car wash, just order a 32oz bottle for $12. Gallon is much better deal at just over $30. Optimum car wash is super concentrated and is awesome to work with. Suds last a long time, cleans very well, and smells awesome. If you like gold class you will love Optimum's regular car wash.

Desertnate
02-19-2016, 08:48 AM
I've used Meguiars Gold Class for a long time, but I'm starting to see there is better out there.

For a wash with wax, I found DP Power Wash to be fantastic. It suds well, cleans very well, provides lots of lubrication, and leaves such a nice shine I don't bother with a spray wax afterwards. The Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo has a very similar performance. I'd put the product on equal footing with the DP.

I also found Poorboys Super Slick with Suds to be a good shampoo as well. It doesn't have the wax built in, but I found it to be slicker and clean better than the Gold Class as well.

Gold Class isn't bad. The price and near-universal availability make it a decent choice. I'll still use it in a pinch and not feel bad, I've just found others I like better.

Hermes1
02-19-2016, 09:34 AM
I really like Meguiars Gold Glass. I wasn't as big a fan of the yellow wash and wax stuff. I would like to try Megs hyper wash.

If you guys haven't tried Optimum's regular car wash, just order a 32oz bottle for $12. Gallon is much better deal at just over $30. Optimum car wash is super concentrated and is awesome to work with. Suds last a long time, cleans very well, and smells awesome. If you like gold class you will love Optimum's regular car wash.

+1 While other soaps I have tried have been very good, Optimum has been the best and I am sticking with it.

FUNX650
02-19-2016, 09:41 AM
So I've been using Meguiar's Wash and Wax (YELLOW) solution and Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo.

I can't decide which one is better.

I like how easily the cars dry and feel after
washing with the W&W but it doesn't seem
to suds and lubricate very well.

The GC however produces excellent suds and lubrication.

Don't get all caught-up, and become someone
that's bedazzled by some "suds"...

Which one left your vehicles the cleanest?

Bob

PA DETAILER
02-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Hyperwash
PB slick & suds
DP power wash...

ALL EXCELENT SOAPS! I have the megs wash & wax. Not bad for OTC. I use it to wash my wheels.

jamesboyy
02-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Don't get all caught-up, and become someone
that's bedazzled by some "suds"...

Which one left your vehicles the cleanest?

Bob

Good point Bob, though most of us detailers will not believe the vehicle is purely clean/washed properly in 2 bucket wash standpoint if there's little to no suds....just saying

FUNX650
02-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Good point Bob, though most of us detailers

will not believe the vehicle is purely
clean/washed properly in 2 bucket wash
standpoint if there's little to no suds....

just saying
Many manufacturers'/marketing-moguls' moolah
is often predicated on that Belief.

Bob

asianisafish
02-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Gold class is probably one of the better soaps out there, both over the counter and online, BUT there are more economically friendly soaps

KBsToy
02-19-2016, 12:27 PM
+1 While other soaps I have tried have been very good, Optimum has been the best and I am sticking with it.

From a weekend washer :xyxthumbs:

SonOfOC
02-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Suds, foam, bubbles, and lubricity are poor indicators of a products cleaning ability.