PDA

View Full Version : Clay Mitt

TRDTACO
02-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Im in the market for a clay mitt and before I pull the trigger I was wondering what brand everyone's using , how there holding up duribilty wise and there thoughts overall. Thanks

Eldorado2k
02-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I've been using the AutoScrub Handy Towel by Nanoskin made by SM Arnold. [talk about needing to decide on a name! Lmao]

Regardless of the stupid name it's been working pretty good for me. I've used it about 7-8 times now and hope it continues to chug along.
Things I like about it:
- it's 7x7" and easy to handle, without having to flip over which IMO feels clumsy.
- it's fine/med. grade. This is great because it's not too wimpy to handle nasty paint, yet not too aggressive on softer paint. Hasn't marred anything yet. [knock on wood]
- I only paid $25 total. As opposed to around $60 like I see the mitts going for.

hogie
02-18-2016, 01:01 PM
I have been using the eagle one mitt and really like it. It doesn't seem too aggressive and I haven't noticed any marring yet. I don't think it is as thorough as using clay, but it is much faster and still pretty effective.

SeanChav
02-18-2016, 01:06 PM
I have been using a Nanoskin fine grade sponge and I love it....doesn't cover as much area as a mitt/ towel but it gets the job done....and alot quicker the regular clay obviously.... no marring thus far using d114 as lube

Eldorado2k
02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
I have been using the eagle one mitt and really like it. It doesn't seem too aggressive and I haven't noticed any marring yet. I don't think it is as thorough as using clay, but it is much faster and still pretty effective.

I totally agree.👆🏽
I take it as far as if I'm doing a car I truly care about, I reach for the claybar no doubt.. If I'm doing someone elses car, I use the Nano Towel. [unless it's a special car]

Goin Rogue
02-18-2016, 02:46 PM
I use a Nanoskin mitt and sponge. I also have a opti-clay towel, but haven't tried it yet.

Garagehack
02-18-2016, 03:20 PM
I have used a Nanoskin Autoscrub wash mitt, fine grade (blue) for a couple years. Very easy to hold on to and I use it with soap after a foam wash to decon the surface. More than 15+ uses and no signs of wear. Only downside is cost but I guess less than what clay would have cost me for that many uses??? I use it mostly on a black car and no marring on very soft paint. I make sure to wash it off and let it dry well after each use and will buy another one after this one is no longer serviceable.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-19-2016, 01:00 AM
I've been using the pads (for machine) and small hand sponges for a while now. They have been doing really well and holding up with moderate use without issue. So far I have used them all last season without complaint and wondered why I waited so long to make the switch from traditional clay to these.

I will say that using the pad on a machine will do a much better job than doing it by hand. My process is normally the 6" medium pad driven by the 3401 and the smaller medium grade sponge for areas I can't get with the machine. I am using D155 Last Touch as my lubrication.

My normal AIO routine is usually the 3401, white Hybrids, and BlackFire TPnS and it will remove the marring from the aggressive claying session.

Guyb
02-19-2016, 01:18 AM
I use the fine grade nanoskin wash mitt predominantly and haven't had any issues. I do keep clay on hand for some projects. I bought the medium grade mitt at the same time as the fine and have never opened it. Guess they are about a year old.

Mantilgh
02-19-2016, 08:33 AM
I use the EagleOne mitt.

I also have the heavy grade Opitmum Opti-Clay towel but I don't think that I will use it on automotive paint, just on neglected wheels.

DetailKitty
02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
I love my Nankin mitts and sponges. I have both the fine grade and medium grades :dblthumb2: