PDA

View Full Version : meguires d156

Stegs
02-17-2016, 09:20 AM
ok, so i need some clarification

I want to order some, but im confused

it says its a spray wax. Is this meant instead of waxing a car?

From what i read, most people use it as a spray detailer?

Can it be used as a drying aid?

all the reviews seem to be this is a 10/10 product, but can it be used as a spray detailer even tho its a wax?

Darren from auto fetish detail uses it on the interior also which i think is great to a have product that can do both

Just curious on those who use it what you think

Marc08EX
02-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Meguiar's D156 is a great product!

Spray waxes and spray detailers have different purposes. Spray waxes are an easier alternative to applying wax protection to your car. It's not a substitute to the real wax but it has pretty good protection for a spray wax. Spray wax requires you to have a clean surface to use it on. So normally, you'd apply the spray wax after washing the car using the traditional 2 bucket method, rinseless or waterless wash. A spray detailer is used to remove very light layers or dust or finger prints. This usually doesn't leave any protection behind. If it does, it's very minimal.

So based on that, I wouldn't use D156 as a spray detailer. I see some people use spray waxes to remove dirt but I personally wouldn't do so.

A lot of people use D156 (or any spray wax for that matter) as a drying aid. They spray the spray wax while the car is still wet and dry the car afterwards.

Here's a great article Nick@Autogeek wrote that differentiates spray waxes and quick detailers:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49299-definitive-how-guide-spray-waxes-quick-detail-sprays-waterless-washes.html

Hope this helps.

Stegs
02-17-2016, 09:33 AM
Meguiar's D156 is a great product!

Spray waxes and spray detailers have different purposes. Spray waxes are an easier alternative to applying wax protection to your car. It's not a substitute to the real wax but it has pretty good protection for a spray wax. Spray wax requires you to have a clean surface to use it on. So normally, you'd apply the spray wax after washing the car using the traditional 2 bucket method, rinseless or waterless wash. A spray detailer is used to remove very light layers or dust or finger prints. This usually doesn't leave any protection behind. If it does, it's very minimal.

So based on that, I wouldn't use D156 as a spray detailer. I see some people use spray waxes to remove dirt but I personally wouldn't do so.

A lot of people use D156 (or any spray wax for that matter) as a drying aid. They spray the spray wax while the car is still wet and dry the car afterwards.

Here's a great article Nick@Autogeek wrote that differentiates spray waxes and quick detailers:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49299-definitive-how-guide-spray-waxes-quick-detail-sprays-waterless-washes.html

Hope this helps.

ok thats what i was confused on...when i see WAX, i think coating

when i see "DETAILER SPRAY" i think of a cleaner (in a sense)

Then when i read people used a wax AS A detailers spray...i got lost

Great, I plan on ordering some soon. Along with the mequires professional wheel cleaner (D101?) i think

FUNX650
02-17-2016, 09:42 AM
it says its a spray wax. Is this meant instead of waxing a car?

I'll go as far to say that if you mean that waxing a
car will provide protection that will last for ~4-6
weeks...then, IMO, D156 will provide protection
that will last longer than many other spray and
wipe products.

Can it be used as a drying aid?

Yes.

can it be used as a spray detailer
even tho its a wax?

From what i read,
most people use it as a spray detailer?

IMO:
-Spray Waxes should be used on clean paint
-Spray/Quick Detailers are for (light) paint
cleaning tasks between car washes.

Bob

Stegs
02-17-2016, 10:07 AM
I'll go as far to say that if you mean that waxing a
car will provide protection that will last for ~4-6
weeks...then, IMO, D156 will provide protection
that will last longer than many other spray and
wipe products.

Yes.

IMO:
-Spray Waxes should be used on clean paint
-Spray/Quick Detailers are for (light) paint
cleaning tasks between car washes.

Bob

thanks Bob again for the very helpful response. I plan on ordering some, I like the fact i can use it inside the vehicle also.

The more im on this forum, the more money i spend ....i wonder why that is :buffing::autowash:

parshooter
02-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Get this Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax Combo Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/d156-combo-pack.html)
I love the D156, I use it as a drying aid everytime I do a rinseless wash.:dblthumb2:

Mike Honcho
02-17-2016, 12:17 PM
After washing the car, spray D156 (fine mist works best for me) on EVERYTHING while car is still damp. (You can do sections at a time or entire car.) Wipe off. It's da bomb! Smells good, too!

LEDetailing
02-17-2016, 01:02 PM
I can't believe I had never used a spray wax before. Then I found out about D156. Absolutely love the stuff. I try to use it after each wash. D156 acts as a great wax maintenance.

My only suggestion. Order 2 gallons, I ordered mine in December from AG and I already used 1/2 a gallon. That's just winter washing/washing too. I use a very light mist. I like to use my after washing and drying. I've used both on dry and wet car. I prefer working with a dry car. Easier to see the product. Still works really well on wet car as a drying aid.

Buy with confidence you won't be disappointed!

VincenzaV
03-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Mike Honcho-

I just bought some D156. What type of towel do you use to dry the car off with after you spray the damp car with D156?

WAXOFF
03-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I have it works great after washing. Rejuvenates the shine. I always try and buy any of the combo packs of Megs products. Better price plus you get the spray bottle to match.