PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning old seats

DTOMKIDD
02-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Hey guys/gals, this is my first time on the forum and I've caught the bug. I have a 98 Ford Ranger (I know, not luxury by any means) and now I really want to clean it up and keep it nice from here on out. My interior always has a little funk to it and I know a lot of the smell comes from my seats and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on deep cleaning them and getting the smell out.

sent from my Galaxy S6 Active using tapatalk

AGOatemywallet
02-17-2016, 11:53 AM
What are the seats made of?

What have you tried so far?

Pictures Please

jamesboyy
02-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Most likely your seats are cloth which can be extracted with carpet extractor and folex or scrubbed with drill and brush attachments but if leather/vinyl steam clean is a choice too

FUNX650
02-17-2016, 06:57 PM
My interior always has a little funk to it

and I know a lot of the smell
comes from my seats

and was wondering if anyone could
give me some tips on deep cleaning
them and getting the smell out.

Also interested...Subscribed!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/oldleatherseat.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/46401)

:D

Bob

GSKR
02-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Hey guys/gals, this is my first time on the forum and I've caught the bug. I have a 98 Ford Ranger (I know, not luxury by any means) and now I really want to clean it up and keep it nice from here on out. My interior always has a little funk to it and I know a lot of the smell comes from my seats and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on deep cleaning them and getting the smell out.

sent from my Galaxy S6 Active using tapatalkI detailed a ford ranger 2 months ago,cloth seats and a buddy of mine.I cleaned the seats with a extractor called me a couple of days later and there was such a stench,we bombed it twice with the ac on and it helped tremendously.so my advice would be using a foam aerosol fabric cleaner and don't get it wet.

Fast Eddie
02-17-2016, 09:11 PM
I would use a good traffic lane cleaner with enzymes, scrub, and then use a hot water carpet extractor to remove all the old nasty funky dirt, grime etc out of the seats. The last ranger I did you could not imagine the amount of dirt my extractor sucked out of the seats...it was nasty. Never had this method fail. If you don't have a carpet extractor you can just try to clean the top of the seats, but on a 1998 I bet the dirt is pretty far down and needs to be extracted.

GSKR
02-17-2016, 10:01 PM
I would use a good traffic lane cleaner with enzymes, scrub, and then use a hot water carpet extractor to remove all the old nasty funky dirt, grime etc out of the seats. The last ranger I did you could not imagine the amount of dirt my extractor sucked out of the seats...it was nasty. Never had this method fail. If you don't have a carpet extractor you can just try to clean the top of the seats, but on a 1998 I bet the dirt is pretty far down and needs to be extracted. I used sapphire scientific traffic lane cleaner and new line enzyme with a thermax extractor,I think the foam in the seats were smelling.

DTOMKIDD
02-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll be getting my supplies this week so I can do my seats and my girlfriends seats in her camry. I'll make sure to get some good before and after pics!

sent from my Galaxy S6 Active using tapatalk