PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up advice!!

DjbuddyPL
02-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Well my 545 is finally fixed!! I bought the car 4 months ago and I'm finally getting it back!! The car was in a very dirty state when I picked it up! Leather needs major cleaning, interior plastics need scrubbing, carpets need tons of scrubbing!! Outside didn't look too bad but still needs lots of work!!! Now I need some help on picking up the right products for the job!! Best leather cleaner I can get over the counter, best interior cleaner for hard plastics and trim? And what's the best carpet cleaner I can get as well. All must be sold over the counter so that I can get it the same day I get the car! Sorry for no pictures! It's 2004 and I can tell the person before me never took care of the inside!! It was a college student!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
02-17-2016, 01:00 AM
Stupid question. What's a 545? BMW?

Eldorado2k
02-17-2016, 01:04 AM
OTC carpet cleaner.. IMO Tuff Stuff is pretty hard to beat. All you need is a med-stiff nylon brush and some terry towels. Carpets come back from the dead.

DjbuddyPL
02-17-2016, 01:08 AM
It's 2004 bmw 545i 4.4 v8 vechical that's needs tons of cleaning!!

Eldorado2k
02-17-2016, 01:16 AM
It's 2004 bmw 545i 4.4 v8 vechical that's needs tons of cleaning!!

I'll tell you what... If you're willing to invest just a little bit, picking up a McCulloch steamer from HF along with ordering a gallon of Meguiars D101 APC and diluting it @ 10:1 to spray on the seats as you follow it up with the steamers triangle attachment covered with a terry towel with yield dramatic results. I'm talking never seen over the counter results. Night & day what you'll achieve with any so called leather cleaners on the shelf.

It's worth it.