PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations

Midnite8
02-16-2016, 07:51 PM
I have a 2016 Subaru WRX in World Rally Blue that is about 4 months old. I want to apply a paint sealant on it but obviously need to prep it first.

I would either get the gg6 or the porter. What type of pads/products would be recommended for a fairly new car with minimal swirls/paint correction needed?

apthai
02-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Between the GG6 and 7424XP I'd suggest the GG6 for the lifetime warranty. As for pads, old go with LC Flats. I recommend getting a 5"BP and use 5.5" LC Flats. If the swirls are minimal I'd go with WG Finishing Glaze or Menzerna SF3500. Apply with whatever LSP you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnite8
02-16-2016, 10:11 PM
How many pads each should I go for? I am thinking I would probably just need some orange and blue pads.

Eldorado2k
02-16-2016, 10:17 PM
How many pads each should I go for? I am thinking I would probably just need some orange and blue pads.

More like white & black..

Orange might be too aggressive for your needs + worse case scenario could cause hazing that the blue finessing pads can't get rid of..

apthai
02-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Orange and Blue LC Flat pads are normally used with a compound (eg, WG Uber, WG Total Swirl Remover, Menzerna FG400, etc). It really depends on how bad the swirls are and paint hardness.

WG Finishing Glaze and Menzerna SF3500 are finishing polishes that is normally used with White LC flats.

Hard to say what you need without pictures and what the car is. If you could post a picture of the car that may help people on AG recommend something appropriate for your paint condition.

Midnite8
02-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Will take some pics tomorrow, want to wash my car real bad cause I got a nasty layer of pollen all of a sudden. Damn Spring season

Midnite8
02-17-2016, 02:22 PM
So it looks like I have more swirls then I thought.. Here are some shotty Iphone pics.
Pictures (http://imgur.com/a/wOPdk)

Midnite8
02-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Orange and Blue LC Flat pads are normally used with a compound (eg, WG Uber, WG Total Swirl Remover, Menzerna FG400, etc). It really depends on how bad the swirls are and paint hardness.

WG Finishing Glaze and Menzerna SF3500 are finishing polishes that is normally used with White LC flats.

Hard to say what you need without pictures and what the car is. If you could post a picture of the car that may help people on AG recommend something appropriate for your paint condition.

So it looks like I have more swirls then I thought.. Here are some shotty Iphone pics.
Pictures (http://imgur.com/a/wOPdk)
Would you still recommend a one step polish with the finishing glaze?