Auto Glass Project Product Review:
Griots Garage Window Cleaner

http://i.imgur.com/PBiGNDh.jpg

Price Point:
35 oz
.26 cents / oz

Advertisement:
- Cleans auto glass quickly and easily.
- Contains nothing extra, just effective cleaning agents that removes dirt and film.
- Formulated to remove dirt and grime from auto glass without leaving haze or streaks.
- Contains no dyes, perfumes, or any other chemicals to contaminate your window surface.

Ingredients:
- Water:
- MSDS chemical:
propylene glycol n - butyl ether < 1%
isopropanol < 5%
pH Neutral

General thoughts and impressions:
- Strong scent of rubbing alcohol, though it does dissipate quickly.
- Product tends to dwell, not run. I like this.
- Cleans glass well.
- Gotta be a little patient with dry time, but not bad. (Buff/wait, Buff/wait).
- Finishes well.
- Neutral clarity.
- Nice professional level reflection.
- Good surface cleaner.

Note on Bottle:
http://i.imgur.com/EI9v8xab.jpg
- Hate this bottle.
While the bottle definitely has its own unique boutique style look, and looks great in pictures, it is a user unfriendly experience to operate this trigger spray bottle.
1. Too big and round.
2. Not ergonomic. Uncomfortable to hold bottle and position hand placement to engage spray trigger.
3. Bottle size and shape creates issues fitting into bags and containers for storage and transportation.
3. Hand severely cramped at the end of using this bottle.
4. Trigger spray leaks all over my hand.

Would I recommend for auto glass:
- Production detailing: Yes.
- Personal detailing: Yes.
- Decontamination: Yes.
- Everyday use: Yes.

Note:
While I recommend the product based on the performance of the product, there are factors to keep in mind.
1. Product is way over priced.
2. The RTU 35oz bottle is not even worth purchasing, based on price and ergonomics of the bottle.
3. The gallon size would be the best choice when purchasing this product, and using your own trigger spray bottle.

Does this product live up to its advertising:
Yes.

Final thoughts:
The product does a good job.
Would only recommend the gallon size for the RTU bottle is not even worth the price or the hastle of dealing with the bottle.
While the performance of the product was good, the price point is an issue for me.
I would suggest to anyone looking to find a good baseline auto glass cleaner for professional detailing, this product would be a good place to start.
It is not the best on the market.
It is, however, a very good, no thrills, professional level glass cleaner, and one that is available in gallon sized containers.
It is also a great baseline product to measure other auto glass cleaners against.
It is reliable, does the job, not going to cause you any issues on glass or surfaces, and is tint safe.

Product # 11108, 11110, 11207, 11168, 11192
Trade Names: Window Cleaner.

- Bottle label.

- AutoGeek:
Griot's Garage Window Cleaner, Griots Garage Glass Cleaner, Griots auto glass cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-window-cleaner.html)

- MSDS Info PDF file requested and received via Griots Garage customer service.
Ask a Question - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/customer+service/ask+a+question.do)

Eldorado2k
02-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Great review👍🏽

BrutalNoodle
02-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Another excellent review. Thank you.

Now... You might not get a lot of feedback, but I don't think I'm off to say reviews like theses are extremely helpful.

Strong scent of rubbing alcohol Don't know about others, but this is a major factor for me. If it smells unpleasant, I don't want to use it.

Product tends to dwell, not run. Definitely a plus.

And other numerous useful findings.

Keep 'em coming. :props:

jamesboyy
02-17-2016, 03:17 AM
Marvelous review, such product could also be used as an interior/exterior combo with Griots Aerosol window cleaner.....just a thought

Hermes1
02-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Nice review and having used it I agree 100% with your assessment.

vanev
02-17-2016, 03:34 PM
Great review👍🏽
Thank you, Eldorado2k.

Marvelous review, such product could also be used as an interior/exterior combo with Griots Aerosol window cleaner.....just a thought
I will try the Aerosol at some point.
I also intend to experiment at some point with using separate glass cleaners all together for inside glass/outside glass kind of thing.

Nice review and having used it I agree 100% with your assessment.

Thank you Hermes1.
I am glad that my experience with a product parallels that of someone else.

Another excellent review. Thank you.

Now... You might not get a lot of feedback, but I don't think I'm off to say reviews like theses are extremely helpful.

Strong scent of rubbing alcohol Don't know about others, but this is a major factor for me. If it smells unpleasant, I don't want to use it.

Product tends to dwell, not run. Definitely a plus.

And other numerous useful findings.

Keep 'em coming. :props:

Thank you BrutalNoodle.

I have posted a few of these reviews on glass cleaners.
People might be bored of them by now.
I will post a few more, but not one on everyone I test, unless it is in the form of an official full article, which I do intend to write at some point.

It is also worth mentioning that such reviews are intended for reference, regarding research purposes, as much as they are for discussion.
Discussion is great, and I particularly like the input of others.
It is most important to have a research reference, I would say.

The interesting thing about glass cleaners, or any cleaning product, is that they are not all the same, even if they have similar ingredients, and possibly the exact same MSDS chemical ingredients.
The ingredients found in this Griot's Garage Window Cleaner are similar to many other glass cleaners.
However, some of these products perform much better, and in some cases much worse, with what appears to be very similar ingredients.

Truthfully, it is mostly impossible to know what is really inside the products we use.
In some cases, like with the Windex for example, there is a lot of information offered.
For almost all others, there is very little information available.

The price point for the Griot's Garage product is particularly ridiculous, especially given it is specifically engineered and intended to be the most basic of glass cleaner.
However, I would gladly over pay for this product, then pay less for D120.