PDA

View Full Version : Review - DP Total Interior Cleaner

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Hey guys,

So my last few orders, I picked DP Total Interior Cleaner as my free sample. The plan was to include them with a few good clients when I coated their interiors. But, I was able to sell them on a maintenance package. I had this Toyota Solara come in for a full detail along with a few added services. The interior wasn't super bad, but needed some work. After all, it had 170,000 miles on it. I decided to use the DP Total Interior Cleaner solely as the interior cleaner. I was very impressed!!!I used it to pre- soak the cupholder and it worked well. It also cleaned the leather well and removed the make up easily from the steering wheel, shift knob, and turn signal stick. It even worked well on a few carpet stains!

Here is the write-up I did on the Solara:

Giving a 170,000 mile Toyota Solara a facelift. – Carolinas Finest Detailing (http://carolinasfinestdetailing.me/2016/02/15/giving-a-170000-mile-toyota-solara-a-facelift/)

Overall, I was very impressed with the product for its performance.

The Guz
02-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Great review and photos.

Priyaka
02-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Nice review. It will be interesting to see what happens to this product with the upcoming consolidation of DP with XMT.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys. My go to has mostly been Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer. Its an amazing product. I have tried CarPro Inside as well. This really impressed me. I like that it cleaned well and didn't really have a smell.

Eldorado2k
02-16-2016, 12:21 PM
So would you say it cleaned better than Megs QID? I really like the cleaning power of Megs APC @10:1, but I find that it sometimes stains interior plastic. So I've been giving QID a try.. But it would be great if there was something with more cleaning power while still remaining as safe as QID.

david b
02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Enjoyed your review. I like this product as well. Wonder if a guy could dilute it for light cleaning to make it last longer?

jamesboyy
02-17-2016, 03:59 AM
Outstanding review very informational too

ViperGuy21
02-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Great review!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-17-2016, 08:52 AM
So would you say it cleaned better than Megs QID? I really like the cleaning power of Megs APC @10:1, but I find that it sometimes stains interior plastic. So I've been giving QID a try.. But it would be great if there was something with more cleaning power while still remaining as safe as QID.

I didn't compare them side by side during this detail. Maybe I should have. I can say from experience using Meguiar`s QID that it does have more cleaning power than QID.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

BrutalNoodle
02-17-2016, 08:36 PM
That came out nice. I noticed the average owner tends to overlook the seat belt when it come to cleaning. Nice job on the carpet, too. It's the first area my eyes were drawn to.

What's your favorite interior cleaner? Of all the ones I've sampled, I like Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel most.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is on my list to try. I would say my favorite interior cleaner is steam. I use it more and more and find that I need to use APC less and less. My favorite wipedown chemical is ONR.