PDA

View Full Version : Ozone Generator/Machine

Pages : [1] 2

98LowRanger
02-13-2016, 08:57 AM
Looking to take my interior cleaning to the next level with the help of a small ozone machine to eliminate odors. Now I realize that a thorough interior cleaning is still needed before using the ozone machine. I don't know what to look for or where to start because there are soooo many different makes and models that are priced from $40 to $1000! I can tell you that my budget is in the $100-$200 range so I hope a good ozone machine can be purchased for that. My top choices were models by Enerzen, Fresher Air, and New Comfort. If anyone has experience with those brands please let me know.

craigdt
02-13-2016, 09:21 AM
I have the $99 one from Amazon. I use it for my house, not detailing. It's not the fanciest, but it really pumps out the ozone.
It doesn't smell exactly like fresh air, more like "synthetic" fresh air, if that makes sense.
If you make money off detailing, I'd get a nicer one, but otherwise, I think all of them in that price range are pretty similar.

GSKR
02-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Looking to take my interior cleaning to the next level with the help of a small ozone machine to eliminate odors. Now I realize that a thorough interior cleaning is still needed before using the ozone machine. I don't know what to look for or where to start because there are soooo many different makes and models that are priced from $40 to $1000! I can tell you that my budget is in the $100-$200 range so I hope a good ozone machine can be purchased for that. My top choices were models by Enerzen, Fresher Air, and New Comfort. If anyone has experience with those brands please let me know.save your money.

GSKR
02-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Bought one 4 years ago,useless as the smells and odors just come back have to target the area and clean it otherwise.

GSKR
02-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Odor bombs work great for a nasty smelling car ,usually takes 2 of them.

craigdt
02-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Bought one 4 years ago,useless as the smells and odors just come back have to target the area and clean it otherwise.

Like most things, it takes a multi-faceted approach.
Of course it won't work if you don't actually remove the source of an odor.

medicscott
02-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Save your $$ and spray this into the vents. Smell is very very strong for a few weeks and then it's perfection. Works great.

3D HD Odor Eliminator (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-odor-eliminator.html)

98LowRanger
02-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Save your $$ and spray this into the vents. Smell is very very strong for a few weeks and then it's perfection. Works great.

3D HD Odor Eliminator (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-odor-eliminator.html)

This option is very tempting. At $9 a can, it won't take long to add up though. Yes, I realize I would have to buy 22 cans to equal the $200 I am looking at spending on an ozone generator, but none the less it still will add up. I don't want to mask an odor and some people are sensitive to the strong fragrances used in some of these products. I know Renny Doyle, uses Ozone (or at least he did in 2009) and he has years of experience and highly regarded as one of the best in our industry. I'm not saying, if he told me to jump off a bridge I would, but I figure that his experience is worth taking into consideration.

I watched some of his videos on ozone on Youtube which were very informative. He recommends a UV ozone generator, but there are still soooo many different brands. I'm waiting to hear back from him on which brand(s) he recommends, but due to how busy he is, I m not expecting to get a reply.

GSKR
02-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Usually owning a ozone machine owners and operators utilize them as part as income stream.If you are gonna buy one and stick it in the car pro bono as part as a interior detail save your money.If you are charging per hour or less using this machine you will have to market that to your customers for added income.

GSKR
02-13-2016, 04:36 PM
And be careful and knowledgeable about the use of one,as you can damage a car interior.

Fast Eddie
02-13-2016, 04:42 PM
We have and use a corona discharge ozone machine at my shop, it works great but like anything, it's not a miracle machine. Cleaning first is important.

98LowRanger
02-13-2016, 07:03 PM
We have and use a corona discharge ozone machine at my shop, it works great but like anything, it's not a miracle machine. Cleaning first is important.

Would you mind sharing the model or at least the brand of the ozone generator your shop uses?

bill walsh
02-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Renny used a dyna breeze uv ozone machine

van185
02-14-2016, 04:01 PM
I used the Maxblaster for the past several years. At first I was skeptical and really hesitant about the purchase. I researched several brands and really had my doubts, but ordered one anyway. I do detailing of Mike Brown Ford Subaru on their really bad trade ins and was doing a to of vehicles with heavy smoke smell. The Ozone generator really does work. It is no substitute for a really good cleaning of the interior, but the results have been great, much to my surprise. A couple weeks ago I got a trade in that had been smoked as probably every time the doors were open. It was so bad that the head liner was grey after it was cleaned, did not know it at first, and after spraying APC on the interior surfaces you could actually take your fingers and feel ridges where the APC had run down. I cleaned the interior really good with a Tornado and hot water extracted the seats, which changed back colors again to grey. It still had a strong smoke smell and I used the Ozone Generator for longer than normal and amazingly the vehicle was sold a couple weeks later and had no smoke smell at all. Without a really good cleaning it does not work as well but I am sold on it and use it a lot. Hope that helped a little.

herrubi
02-14-2016, 04:10 PM
FYI check out the health hazards in using ozone generators. Not something you want to be breathing on a regular basis. I use one in rental properties occasionally but open up the home for fresh air after use. They do work however...