PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new vehicle. What do you recommend for keeping exterior plastics from fading?

Pages : [1] 2

B-M-D
02-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I have 303 Aerospace Protectant which has UV protection... however I don't think it works well on exterior surfaces.

I also have Black WOW trim restorer... but this brings old and faded plastic back to life.

How do I keep the new trim on my new vehicle protected from the sun and keep it from fading in the first place? Would Black wow protect and prevent the trim from fading?

11Silverado
02-12-2016, 01:13 PM
I use Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and I'm very happy with it. A little bit goes a long way. I do want to try DLUX at some point on trim.

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
I use Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and I'm very happy with it. A little bit goes a long way.

I agree. I think if you were to use this product regularly your trim should stay "like new" forever, and it's pretty foolproof to use.

Sure you can also use a coating, something like Optimum Gloss-Coat or Opti-Lens, GTechniq C-4, or CarPro DLux, which would outlast the WETS, but those also have a more difficult application process.

FrankS
02-12-2016, 01:53 PM
I agree. I think if you were to use this product regularly your trim should stay "like new" forever, and it's pretty foolproof to use.

Sure you can also use a coating, something like Optimum Gloss-Coat or Opti-Lens, GTechniq C-4, or CarPro DLux, which would outlast the WETS, but those also have a more difficult application process.

:iagree:

The coatings will last longer but if not applied properly, such as uneven coverage or streaks, would probably need to be removed and reapplied and it's not easy removing it from pebbled plastic once it's cured.

Mike lambert
02-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Gyeon trim , easy and lasts at least a year.

Mike lambert
02-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry, I forgot that rule!

RAMRebel
02-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Like others have said, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is awesome! :xyxthumbs:

ShineDoc
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Car Pro DLUX you can't go wrong. Check videos on YouTube.

B-M-D
02-12-2016, 05:24 PM
So just to be clear... the Wolfgang Trim Sealant is a different kind of product than Black WOW?

Eldorado2k
02-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Is your trim mostly textured or smooth plastic?

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2016, 05:30 PM
So just to be clear... the Wolfgang Trim Sealant is a different kind of product than Black WOW?

Yes, very different. Black Wow is a silicone oil, WETS is a sealant.

Ebg18t
02-12-2016, 07:16 PM
DLux

custmsprty
02-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I use Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant and I'm very happy with it. A little bit goes a long way. I do want to try DLUX at some point on trim.

That's what I'm using on my new Rogue, two applications over the past year have been pretty adequate. I have DLUX but haven't used it yet.

Rsurfer
02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
That's what I'm using on my new Rogue, two applications over the past year have been pretty adequate. I have DLUX but haven't used it yet.

You'll like Dlux, just don't use a foam brush to apply. The suede applicators work good.

01GreyStangGT
02-12-2016, 10:56 PM
DLUX and WETS are great and long lasting. Blackfire AIO Trim is the easiest to use and looks great but doesn't seem to last as long.