PDA

View Full Version : CeriGlass with foam pad and DA ?

TTQ B4U
02-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Looking to polish up a very mild case of crappy windshield on a 9yr old van. I have a 3 pack of brand new Griot's Garage white synthetic pads but after reading several posts here stating they are too aggressive I'm hesitant.

I have a bottle of CeriGlass and was wondering if it would work on a either a 4" or 6" pad and if so which color would be recommended. I also have some Griot's black microfiber thin pads too.

It's not a badly marred up or pitted windshield thus I'm not sure I need to break out a rotary but wanted thoughts and insight from others first.

808_detail_nut
02-13-2016, 12:23 AM
I have only used Ceriglass with the Carpro pads but I also use duragloss nuglass with Meg's MF pads and they eat up waterspots and clean the glass nicely. I also heat the purple wool pads work great also but I have not tried it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RPM_BR
02-13-2016, 07:01 AM
I used ceriglass with a green cg hex pad with a Rupes 21.
Though it wasn't as effective as glass polishing pads, I had pretty good results.
I would advise you do a test spot first.

RPM_BR
02-13-2016, 07:05 AM
... but I also use duragloss nuglass with Meg's MF pads and they eat up waterspots and clean the glass nicely. I also heat the purple wool pads work great also but I have not tried it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, nuglass and mf pads for cleaning waterspots. I will try it.

AGOatemywallet
02-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Foam with Ceriglass or any compound for that matter will "clean up" waterspots and Super Clean glass.

It will not remove defects like scratches, pits or etching.

roguerobot
02-13-2016, 12:10 PM
.... they are too aggressive I'm hesitant.

I don't think there is anything 'too aggressive' for windshield glass...short of a diamond tipped grinder. I use the Carpro rayon pads, and find nothing else works to get scratches out of glass.

Crispy
06-24-2016, 05:04 PM
I have never got decent correction with DA and coarse foam pads on windsheild. It will clean nicely but no correction. IMHO it's not worth the time to clean all the splatter from every where. I can do the same result with glass cleaner. To do any noticeable correction on glass you need Ceriglass and Carpro pads on a Rotary. Speed 1500 and 8 section passes. That will take some time plus you have to deal with the heavy splatter. All considered it costs me $199.00 to get brand new installed by my "guy" so you you decide.

swanicyouth
06-24-2016, 05:20 PM
If your trying to remove defects with a foam pad on glass with Ceri Glass- forget it.

In fact, you may end up making it worse.

You can correct defects with a DA, Ceri Glass, and CarPro glass pads.

Why not just get the right pads?

I wouldn't want to clean up the Ceri Glass mess just to remove water spots. I would just use a compound.

hdez
06-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Yesterday I fixed small scratches on my windshield using ceriglass and glass pads. Tried the DA first, men, it was a PIA. Then I tried my PE-8 rotary with 3" glass pads from GG, it worked 3x times better.

expdetailing
06-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Whatever pads you do use, I suppose you already know that they should never touch paint once exposed to ceriglass.