PDA

View Full Version : Token gift to leave in car after cleaning

autowash
02-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Any suggestions on leaving a small token in the car after detailing by which they can remember to call next time they need us?

What could I give as a gift?

parshooter
02-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Something with your business info on it. A magnetic business card perhaps? Or a pen, note pad, key chain, air freshener...

Cabrio
02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Not sure how viable this would be...but what about something like one of those removable windshield sticker reminders that oil change places use....

asianisafish
02-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Little trees!

He Hate Me
02-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Not sure how viable this would be...but what about something like one of those removable windshield sticker reminders that oil change places use....
That's a good idea!

Kamakaz1961
02-11-2016, 02:39 PM
You can get key chains with your logo and name on it. Might be a little more, however, the key chain is used quite a bit and you information is readily available.

GSKR
02-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Nothing if you do a good job and pricing is reasonable,and you present yourself as a professional you will be memorable along with your number in there phone.never had to do any kind of marketing and it's mostly word of mouth with new people who are calling your number from a previous client.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Nothing if you do a good job and pricing is reasonable,and you present yourself as a professional you will be memorable along with your number in there phone.never had to do any kind of marketing and it's mostly word of mouth with new people who are calling your number from a previous client.

Yea but people still like/remember a free gift just like someone just doing their job appreciates a monetary tip.

Whenever I do an interior detail, I like to leave them a brand new sun visor on their windshield. It's not personalized or anything, but I don't need it to display my phone #... I figure maybe they'll appreciate it and find it useful, and best of all they didn't have to go to the store and buy it.

It only costs me $1

Coopers ST
02-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Something I like to pickup at trade shows are glasses cleaning cloths. They are cheap, and you can print your business card on them. People carry them in all their cars, with their glasses, on their nightstand. You name it, and people have one near by.

https://www.4imprint.com/tag/4681/Cleaning-Gadgets/product/103831/Full-Color-Multi-Purpose-Cleaning-Cloth-4-x-4-34 This is just a place I brought up for example, I have no affiliation.

Klasse Act
02-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Business card with a generic mf towel for them to wipe down the interior and/or glass with.

Calendyr
02-12-2016, 02:43 AM
I have not pulled the trigger on this yet (maybe this spring) but I want to leave the a small spray bottle (2 onces I think is the smallest) with freshner. I would print a label with my company info on it. You can buy bulk freshner from Chemical guys and make a ton of these little bottles for very little money. Would probably cost you less than a dollar for the bottle, label and product for each one.

Right now I put an electro-static sticker on the windshield with my company info and the suggested date for the next detail. Seach the forum there is a thread about them. I had 500 of them printed and it costed me about 250 CAN$.

I also leave 2 business cards in the car: One in the glove box, one in the center console and I also give one to the client.

BillE
02-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Just an old idea...

A trick I did (when I was doing detailing for $) was to always use the 'paper floor mats' and when the customer would pick up their vehicle, I would remove it while they watched.

That little bit of extra care seemed to impress them.

Bill