PDA

View Full Version : Speed brush vs. Wheel woolies.

Pages : [1] 2

Souldetailer
02-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Hey y'all,

Hope you're having a great day. Okay, so I have the Speed brush set. Also considering the Wheel woolies set. Overkill? Both appear to be excellent products, love the Speed brushes. Would you get the Woolies too, to creat ultimate wheel coverage. Thanks & take care.

Peace,

Darrin

custmsprty
02-09-2016, 06:49 PM
I retired my Speed Brush after getting the Wheel Woolies set.

apthai
02-09-2016, 06:52 PM
I started off with the Speed Brush set but one thing I didn't like about it was with the long bristle it would sling product everywhere as I moved it to clean between spokes and miss some spots sometimes. I personally find the Wheel Woolies to be a lot better. No product slinging and because they are not bristle there's less change of me missing some dirt on the wheels.

FrankS
02-09-2016, 07:00 PM
I think the Wheel Woolies do a better job of cleaning but the Speed Master brush gets into places where the Woolies can't like between the caliper and the barrel when there's not much clearance.

The good thing about the Speed Master brush is that you can bend them however you like.

I keep my large Speed Master brush bent at a 90 degree angle to clean behind the spokes.

It's nice to have both if you can afford it.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Hey Darrin,

I have the Speed brushes and the wheel whoolies. The wholes are great for painted and intricate wheels. Both sets have a place in my arsenal.

custmsprty
02-09-2016, 07:14 PM
I started off with the Speed Brush set but one thing I didn't like about it was with the long bristle it would sling product everywhere as I moved it to clean between spokes and miss some spots sometimes. I personally find the Wheel Woolies to be a lot better. No product slinging and because they are not bristle there's less change of me missing some dirt on the wheels.

:iagree::dblthumb2:

BMW435
02-09-2016, 07:16 PM
I just use the speed brush for my wheel wells and the wheel woolies for my wheels

fly07sti
02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Hey Darrin,

I have the Speed brushes and the wheel whoolies. The wholes are great for painted and intricate wheels. Both sets have a place in my arsenal.

:iagree: I'm a firm believer in having more tools than not enough tools.

AGOatemywallet
02-09-2016, 07:41 PM
I have the Speed brushes and the wheel whoolies.

Both sets have a place in my arsenal.

+1

Ebg18t
02-09-2016, 07:43 PM
It's all about the Whoolies!

LSNAutoDetailing
02-09-2016, 07:59 PM
I use both. Sorry, I broke from the thread polarity.

Priyaka
02-09-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm a firm believer in having more tools than not enough tools.

:whs:

vobro
02-09-2016, 11:30 PM
I too use both, I usually find something to work on all the different wheels I see. Seems like there's less space for tools between the disc/dust shield and the wheel these days.

JamMaster Jay
02-10-2016, 12:36 AM
I also have both, they're not terribly expensive so if you can swing it I think both have their place in an arsenal. I've been using the woollies more and more but like others said the speed master bends and gets in places the woollies can't.

Eldorado2k
02-10-2016, 01:40 AM
I also have both, they're not terribly expensive so if you can swing it I think both have their place in an arsenal. I've been using the woollies more and more but like others said the speed master bends and gets in places the woollies can't.

So do you use the Whoolies on the face of the wheels?