PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Rupes Polisher Combo Recommendation(s)

Dan Tran
02-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon,

Currently at this moment, I believe I am pretty much sold on getting a Rupes 15 over the 21. The 15 just seems to offer more flexibility based on vast research here. To be fair I do have ONE MORE question before I make a big purchase.

Please note: I ruled out the 21 with the 15 backing plate as an option due to the reasoning of eventually going with a muti-machine setup (see below)

With that said,

My question is: Would it be pointless to pair a 15 with a Rupes Mini?

Or

At that point might as well get the 21 and Rupes Mini combo?

Your thoughts... Please and thank you!

Matt@Revive
02-09-2016, 04:43 PM
i bought my 15 first, then the 75 mini, i just added the 21 last week.

Mike lambert
02-09-2016, 04:44 PM
That's all I use, I think you're going to be very happy with that combo!

custmsprty
02-09-2016, 04:45 PM
I have the Gen I 15 and Mini and Duetto and I use the Duetto way more than the 15 along with the Mini. My 15 is in the box gathering dust.

Rsurfer
02-09-2016, 04:49 PM
15 and Mini for me and now considering the new iBrid Nano.

RowdyJr
02-09-2016, 05:14 PM
15 is perfect for Hood, roof and trunk. Using it on side panels is easy also although this is when I opt for the Duetto,its easier to handle along the sides. The 15 is good but you will have many position changes.

I also rely on the LHR 75E mini for bumpers, mirrors and thinner panels.

By the way the Rupes pads and polishes are excellent.

Dan Tran
02-09-2016, 05:39 PM
15 is perfect for Hood, roof and trunk. Using it on side panels is easy also although this is when I opt for the Duetto,its easier to handle along the sides. The 15 is good but you will have many position changes.

I also rely on the LHR 75E mini for bumpers, mirrors and thinner panels.

By the way the Rupes pads and polishes are excellent.

Well since it was mentioned here... Next question:

It seems like a lot of people use the blue gel and yellow.

Is it worth having the green and white one?

Obviously I am still new to the system as a whole.

Again please and thank you!

Ps: The line I am most familiar with are ultimate trio. I also use HD SPEED.

I understand there is no sealant option. Either way, where do the gels fall in terms of cut level to what I'm used to?

RPM_BR
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
The green for sure. Easier to work than the blue, softer, but still with a lot of cutting. The white, there are similar pads from other brands, but I would buy a pair, since finishing won't wear out the pads as cutting or polishing.
As master Mike says, Rupes is a system, get a quarter of UHS as well, you won't regret it.

jcaustin87
02-09-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Now I'm trying to decide if I really want to/need to pony up the extra $ for the Mark II.

And then occasionally I stumble across a video on youtube or a post on other forums about a cyclo...

dlc95
02-09-2016, 10:45 PM
I have the Gen I 15 and Mini and Duetto and I use the Duetto way more than the 15 along with the Mini. My 15 is in the box gathering dust.

What is it you like about the Duetto over the 15?

dlc95
02-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Well since it was mentioned here... Next question:

It seems like a lot of people use the blue gel and yellow.

Is it worth having the green and white one?

Obviously I am still new to the system as a whole.

Again please and thank you!

Ps: The line I am most familiar with are ultimate trio. I also use HD SPEED.

I understand there is no sealant option. Either way, where do the gels fall in terms of cut level to what I'm used to?

I also like the Megs Ultimate line.

I have the blue and yellow liquids, and use both the Rupes foam and microfiber pads to vary the performance of the compounds. I do have the white, but use that for sealant, or cleaner wax applications.

I do plan on completing the "family" of liquids, and pads but so far I've been extremely pleased with the results of the blue/yellow.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-10-2016, 02:31 AM
I have a G21 and 75E mini
Nano will be next

My bro is getting a duetto so I may buy him some kamikaze backing plates and compare to my 6.5 and minis setup

Dylan@RUPES
02-10-2016, 01:00 PM
As the line is currently configured it makes the most sense for the majority of people to pair the LHR75E (or LHR75 if you have sufficient access to air) with either the LHR21 or LHR15.

More often, I recommend that the LHR15 be your primary choice if you're a 1 tool approach type guy as it offers a nice balance of pad size and correction ability. If you're springing for 2 tools, then the 21 paired with the 75 makes sense. The LHR21 covers all your big surfaces, and you can easily knock out all the edge work and small spaces with the LHR75.

When the Nano hits the market (next month) you'll have yet another decision to make, or another tool to add to your collection depending on your situation. :)