PDA

View Full Version : Essence hard to buff off

Pages : [1] 2

Lustrous Detail
02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Here's what I'm doing:

MF Cutting pad powered by boss g21, primed well then proceeded with 4 pea sized drops. I did 2-3 passes per panel with moderate pressure on a brand new car. What am i doing wrong that causes it to be hard to buff off?

Setec Astronomy
02-08-2016, 11:02 AM
I have no idea really, but since Essence is sposed to be an AIO or pre-coating polish, a MF cutting pad with moderate pressure on a long-throw polisher sounds like a pretty aggressive approach, no?

But I might not know what I'm talking about.

AGOatemywallet
02-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Link to Esscense FAQ

CarPro Essence: EXTREME Gloss Primer 16oz - www.CarPro-US.com (http://www.carpro-us.com/stocking-stuffers/carpro-essence-extreme-gloss-primer-16oz/)

Some good technique info

Zubair
02-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Might be too much product used. You mentioned primed well, my experience with Essence or any Carpro abrasive product is to use alittle product and not prime, work it till it's clear and wipe off is real easy.

GSKR
02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Here's what I'm doing:

MF Cutting pad powered by boss g21, primed well then proceeded with 4 pea sized drops. I did 2-3 passes per panel with moderate pressure on a brand new car. What am i doing wrong that causes it to be hard to buff off?Had the same promblem,you have to work the essence in the paint till it's totally diminished ,if it wasn't for my fellow detailer friend to show me exactly how it's done I would have tossed it.maybe cut back a little product since you primed the pad.I used it with a griots da on 6 then backed it down to 4 when it was pretty much gone on a micro cutting pad.I don't have knowledge using essence on the machine you have.Once you have the product process down the stuff is pretty good deosnt like water when you get those little trickles here and there if you do keep working it till gone .

GSKR
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Here's what I'm doing:

MF Cutting pad powered by boss g21, primed well then proceeded with 4 pea sized drops. I did 2-3 passes per panel with moderate pressure on a brand new car. What am i doing wrong that causes it to be hard to buff off?It sounds like to much product and not enough passes which is causing residual essence to linger on panel,you really shouldnt have to wipe off much maybe a little dusting.

zmcgovern45
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
It sounds like to much product and not enough passes

Agreed... use less product, and then perhaps you will only need 2-3 passes to completely work the product. You should have very, very little residue left on the paint after working it. It wipes off effortlessly.

jrs1418
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM
+12 Use less product. I also noticed that if the surface is warm or hot, it'll cake the product before the end of the buffing cycle.

Lustrous Detail
02-08-2016, 01:48 PM
awesome thanks guys! I was just following the instructions on the bottle when using mf cutting pad. says to prime well. I'm not gonna prime and use little product.

zmcgovern45
02-08-2016, 01:58 PM
If you want to maximize cut, lightly prime the pad. If you're just polishing, use a foam pad, don't prime, just use 2-3 small dots of product.

GenesisCoupe
02-08-2016, 02:21 PM
sounds like you are using a pad that's too aggressive and it's drying the product on the paint.

Try a LC black finishing or even a white or pink.

GSKR
02-08-2016, 03:18 PM
If you want to maximize cut, lightly prime the pad. If you're just polishing, use a foam pad, don't prime, just use 2-3 small dots of product.What kind of foam do you use,I've tried several and it just gums up on me.

zmcgovern45
02-08-2016, 03:31 PM
What kind of foam do you use,I've tried several and it just gums up on me.

Rupes yellow or white pads mostly. I brush them off quickly after each pass. They work very well.

GSKR
02-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Rupes yellow or white pads mostly. I brush them off quickly after each pass. They work very well.Thanks

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Essence is easier to wipe off then a wax, so your doing something wrong