PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Big Foot iBrid Nano

Pages : [1] 2

Vrtcl
02-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Already own the 15ES and 75E Mini and am serious considering the iBrid. Any thoughts on which is the "better" option the Long or Short neck version?

Rsurfer
02-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Already own the 15ES and 75E Mini and am serious considering the iBrid. Any thoughts on which is the "better" option the Long or Short neck version?

Seems like the long throw version is more popular. :props:

Todd@RUPES
02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Just my opinion, but I prefer the long neck. It does everything the standard size does, it just goes more places.

Vrtcl
02-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Just my opinion, but I prefer the long neck. It does everything the standard size does, it just goes more places.

That is what I was thinking, along the lines of using extensions on a rotary. Thanks.

Dylan@RUPES
02-10-2016, 01:05 PM
The long will offer the best levels of versatility due to its reach, I also find that having the extra length provides an additional holding surface since so many of us are accustomed to working (polishing) with both hands on the tool.

The short neck starts to show benefit in that its a little more stable to control in single handed mode. The shorter overall tool length does have some benefits in extremely tight spaces - perfect example being work on instrument clusters (cars). The long neck I found bumped into the edges of the surround on some cars, where the short fit easily.

Also - just as a point of reference, and to avoid future confusion:

The tool is actually the Bigfoot Nano with iBrid technology... so there isn't a RUPES iBrid. It will actually be a design philosophy applied to many upcoming projects: Multiple movements, multiple power sources, multiple uses - HYBRID USE. Not a big deal, but don't want people to be overly confused when the next tool in the iBrid philosophy finds its way to market. Similar to how the LHR15, LHR21, LHR12, and LHR75 are all Bigfoot tools... iBrid will be similar in application - multiple tools could appear as part of the iBrid technology line.

Vrtcl
02-10-2016, 02:06 PM
The long will offer the best levels of versatility due to its reach, I also find that having the extra length provides an additional holding surface since so many of us are accustomed to working (polishing) with both hands on the tool.

The short neck starts to show benefit in that its a little more stable to control in single handed mode. The shorter overall tool length does have some benefits in extremely tight spaces - perfect example being work on instrument clusters (cars). The long neck I found bumped into the edges of the surround on some cars, where the short fit easily.

Also - just as a point of reference, and to avoid future confusion:

The tool is actually the Bigfoot Nano with iBrid technology... so there isn't a RUPES iBrid. It will actually be a design philosophy applied to many upcoming projects: Multiple movements, multiple power sources, multiple uses - HYBRID USE. Not a big deal, but don't want people to be overly confused when the next tool in the iBrid philosophy finds its way to market. Similar to how the LHR15, LHR21, LHR12, and LHR75 are all Bigfoot tools... iBrid will be similar in application - multiple tools could appear as part of the iBrid technology line.

Thanks for the information and clarification Dylan. Love my 15ES and Mini and think the Bigfoot Nano would be a great addition.

Mike lambert
02-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Already on a waiting list, can't wait!

haris300
02-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Can't wait to pick up a long neck version. Looks like a very cool tool for precision work.

Red Hawk
02-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I am waiting (still) for these to be finally released, as well as the new Rupes 15 mm mark 2 HD. Crap or get off the pot, Rupes.

Rsurfer
02-10-2016, 09:29 PM
I am waiting (still) for these to be finally released, as well as the new Rupes 15 mm mark 2 HD. Crap or get off the pot, Rupes.

Do you seriously think that Rupes is purposely delaying the release of these machines..grow up man.

Setec Astronomy
02-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Do you seriously think that Rupes is purposely delaying the release of these machines..grow up man.

Weren't these machines introduced at SEMA? I guess this is the problem with us having this forum window into what goes on at SEMA. SEMA is (partly) about OEM's telling retailers what is going to be available the following year--it's not a retail introduction (consumer) show, but apparently people think it is.

Heisenberg
02-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Weren't these machines introduced at SEMA? I guess this is the problem with us having this forum window into what goes on at SEMA. SEMA is (partly) about OEM's telling retailers what is going to be available the following year--it's not a retail introduction (consumer) show, but apparently people think it is.

Yep. Same issue was happening in another thread with the Flex machine. Easy to get excited about the products but you have to remember exactly what you said.

Red Hawk
02-11-2016, 07:31 PM

We've been hearing about these for over 3 months now. If they were not ready to be released, they shouldn't have put the carrot out so early. I'm platy grown up, man. Mind your own business.

AGOatemywallet
02-11-2016, 08:29 PM
The "Carrot" got people talking.

The "Carrot" probably got some people to hold off on purchasing some other "let's get small" polisher and wait for the iBrid Nano.

Brilliant Marketing, that cost them almost nothing.

7.3powerstroke
02-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Im pretty sure Rupes said from the beginning it was going to be spring till the Nano is released. It isnt like they keep pushing the release date back.