PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Big Foot iBrid Nano

Pages : 1 [2]

Rsurfer
02-11-2016, 09:48 PM
We've been hearing about these for over 3 months now. If they were not ready to be released, they shouldn't have put the carrot out so early. I'm platy grown up, man. Mind your own business.

You posted a derogatory remark on an open forum which I believe was uncalled for and therefore made it my business.

Rsurfer
02-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Im pretty sure Rupes said from the beginning it was going to be spring till the Nano is released. It isnt like they keep pushing the release date back.

:iagree:

Vrtcl
02-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Do not see anything wrong with the Rupes marketing strategy. Automobile companies put out information on new models far in advance of arrival on the showroom floor. Pre-launch marketing is quite common, Kickstarter comes to mind.

Dylan@RUPES
02-12-2016, 12:22 AM
If only most people understood the complexity of these things - certifications, regulations, voltages, and much more have to be handled for every country .

Tooling, raw materials, production time and more have to be coordinated. Of course nothing can make it to the consumer without exhaustive testing for parts reliability, support materials, manuals, etc.

It's not so simple as "Hey! Let's make a polisher that's the first of its kind! -POOF!- here it is!" And we're done.

Then also consider if we didn't release info in advance how many people would complain we didn't let them know. "I wouldn't have bought the >insert other tool here< if I knew this was coming!".

Long story short - it's coming next month, which is exactly when we said it would from the very beginning. We know everyone is excited, but we also want to make sure everything is as it should be when it starts shipping. The wait will be worth it!

Heisenberg
02-12-2016, 01:35 AM
If only most people understood the complexity of these things - certifications, regulations, voltages, and much more have to be handled for every country .

Tooling, raw materials, production time and more have to be coordinated. Of course nothing can make it to the consumer without exhaustive testing for parts reliability, support materials, manuals, etc.

It's not so simple as "Hey! Let's make a polisher that's the first of its kind! -POOF!- here it is!" And we're done.

Then also consider if we didn't release info in advance how many people would complain we didn't let them know. "I wouldn't have bought the >insert other tool here< if I knew this was coming!".

Long story short - it's coming next month, which is exactly when we said it would from the very beginning. We know everyone is excited, but we also want to make sure everything is as it should be when it starts shipping. The wait will be worth it!

And the majority of us are happy waiting if it means the same Rupes quality. I'd rather it get released the way it has happened so far. I absolutely put off getting another polisher because of it and I'm sure I'll be happy I did. :xyxthumbs:

Mike@ShineStruck
02-12-2016, 03:11 AM
Dobt kniwbwhy the one guy made a big stink about it
Theires been a certain preorder for 2 months easily and stating ship ETA end of March.. So one could of came to a good conclusion when to expect it lmao

Eldorado2k
02-12-2016, 04:29 AM
I think the way these sort of things work out these days is fine.. Nothing wrong with a little bit of build up to get you thinking about a new toy/tool to use. Makes the moment you finally get it in your hands feel all the more special:)