PDA

View Full Version : Dispensing gallons of compound or polish

MPBGT
02-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Are there any tricks of the trade to dispensing compound from a gallon to smaller bottles? Maybe a pump?

What are you guys doing?

GSKR
02-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Tip plastic bottle applicator may work if you can screw it on a gallon which I think it should or try a new funnel.

Paul A.
02-05-2016, 07:03 PM
I have trashed pieces of clay i use and press the receiving (smaller, empty) bottle firmly onto it. Keeps it from tipping over if i have a 2 handed pour! I also use a funnel and done. Close the caps, clean up the funnel and i'm done. Some products are so thick you have to slowly fill the funnel. The clay helps it stick to the table when it might get top heavy with a full funnel.

Trust me, i've adopted that way after having a few receiving bottles and funnel tip over...*#%+!!!

GSKR
02-05-2016, 08:08 PM
I have trashed pieces of clay i use and press the receiving (smaller, empty) bottle firmly onto it. Keeps it from tipping over if i have a 2 handed pour! I also use a funnel and done. Close the caps, clean up the funnel and i'm done. Some products are so thick you have to slowly fill the funnel. The clay helps it stick to the table when it might get top heavy with a full funnel.

Trust me, i've adopted that way after having a few receiving bottles and funnel tip over...*#%+!!!
Good idea I will have to remember that.

WAXOFF
02-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Universal Dispenser Pump, Gallon Pump Dispenser, half gallon bottle pump (http://www.autogeek.net/gallon-pump.html)

What about this?

MPBGT
02-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Universal Dispenser Pump, Gallon Pump Dispenser, half gallon bottle pump (http://www.autogeek.net/gallon-pump.html)

What about this?

I saw that, I've never heard any reviews pro or con. I think I have basically the same thing sitting around somewhere. The one I have was bought to pump gear oil into trans/transfer case and diffs.

Eldorado2k
02-06-2016, 12:51 AM
I researched them all prior to buying, and according to the reviews, these were the only ones that didn't suck. I can tell you for sure that they work Great. You can find them on the bay...

You're welcome.

Legacykid
02-06-2016, 01:31 AM
I started using laundry detergent bottles with the pour spout. I thoroughly clean them, they make mixing things like QD, clay lube, soup etc a breeze to refill and use. They are also larger then 1 gal. so mixing up a brand new gallon of compound or polish is easy once transferred.

I tried to find empty bottles that were similar online but no luck.